sharetrader
Page 631 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1315315816216276286296306316326336346356416817311131 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 14174

Come on guys most boards are there to just rubber stamp decisions mad by a CEO.In some cases directors havn't got a clue about what is going on,and as long as they pick up an attendance fee it's all right with the world.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Come on guys most boards are there to just rubber stamp decisions mad by a CEO.In some cases directors havn't got a clue about what is going on,and as long as they pick up an attendance fee it's all right with the world.
    Thanks Derek.

Guru

Some very passionate views being shared - usually it's me sharing things like that!

In Phaedrus's post I think there is another implied message (he certainly did not explicitly cover it off).

And that message is this - the stock does not have any feelings about you. Therefore, you should not have any feelings about the stock.

When we start to have feelings (positive or negative) it begins to influence our thinking.

My positive feelings for the business have at times made me view the situation with rose tinted glasses. This has contributed to me making very stupid decisions like continuing to buy during a clear downtrend ("Wow, even cheaper! Look at what a bargain I am getting! I sure better buy up large (again) because this has got to be absolute rock bottom!" I was thinking this nonsense at $1.10 per share).

Equally, if you are feeling pissed off or aggrieved it could potentially lead you to make other decisions that could end up being harmful.

Personally, I think we need to start a petition to bring Phaedrus back out of retirement. Christ only knows we need him.

Having said that, another previous Sharetrader recently sent me some writings from winner69 from 2007 I think it was - very astute, so we are not completely alone.

New Super Trans Tasman Comp on the way after NZ Super.. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/sup...VKL27IKNTJZ3Y/

Pleased to see the SP still holding. After the last couple of months the SP quickly dropped back down. I guess I still could be talking too soon lol.

And well done OGG for cashing out some shares. Everyone needs to look at their risk own tolerance and of course impact on mental wellbeing.

Guru

I see Nine Network has just released Stan SPORT - and have a deal with Rugby Australia for their debut.

Foxtel getting a bigger hiding than Sky NZ?

On-demand sports streaming offering to start in 2021 with rugby.

Nine today announced the launch of Stan Sport, a live and on-demand premium sport package to be offered as a bundle to Stan’s streaming customers, with the initial content through 2021 stemming from Nine’s new partnership with Rugby Australia.

The parties have reached an in principle commercial agreement between Nine and Rugby Australia, pending SANZAAR sign off. The three-year deal will include live free-to-air and ad-free subscription coverage and is worth approximately $100m in cash and contra. There is also a two-year option for Nine to extend.

Further to rugby union, Nine is progressing opportunities to invest in a range of additional exclusive sports rights, on either a pay or cross-platform basis, focusing on content aimed at driving its long-term subscriber growth and profitability objectives.

The launch of Stan Sport will enable Nine to deliver a “whole of television” approach to sports as it offers extensive live and on-demand coverage to Stan subscribers, as well as making select premium events available on Nine’s FTA television channels. The move will allow Nine to choose the appropriate platform for its various sports offering while also enabling our partners to fulfil their growth ambitions.

“The launch of Stan Sport is a bold expansion for Mike Sneesby and the team at Stan, to sit alongside our hugely successful Stan entertainment offering,” said Hugh Marks, Nine CEO. “We will bring all our collective expertise from decades of experience in live sport broadcasting to deliver the best possible outcomes for viewers, rights holders, and the growth ambitions of the sports we partner with.

“At Stan, we are focused on bringing Australians the best local, international and original programming, which has seen our audience reach significant scale. Today’s announcement will see us extend that offering through the launch of our live streaming capability, bringing live sport to Stan in 2021 and opening up a range of new programming opportunities. Our partnership with Rugby Australia is the perfect place to start this new business.”

Stan CEO Mike Sneesby said: “The team at Stan are excited by the possibilities for our business as we embark on this expansion into live sport. We are looking forward to expanding our partnership with our colleagues at Nine and building on their knowledge and experience over decades in this space.”
    Last edited by mistaTea; 13-11-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Up 2 cents or about 1.5% for the week. Let us see what next week brings. It may be premature to expect the monthly chart to confirm this year, but as Percy would say SKT is well positioned.

Guru

I saw Marko (IFT CEO) at Auckland airport yesterday. He was boarding a flight to Wellington while I was waiting for a flight to Queenstown.

He walked past me and I was sorely tempted to ask him just when exactly he planned to buy Sky.

I lost my nerve though (damn it all!), and it’s a pity because I am now absolutely certain he would have spilled his guts to me...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I saw Marko (IFT CEO) at Auckland airport yesterday. He was boarding a flight to Wellington while I was waiting for a flight to Queenstown.

He walked past me and I was sorely tempted to ask him just when exactly he planned to buy Sky.

I lost my nerve though (damn it all!), and it’s a pity because I am now absolutely certain he would have spilled his guts to me...
    Me bumping into Marko.

Just a thought here.......
    If a realestate agent pumped otahuhu and told me it was the next ponsonby and it would happen any day only to try and create buzz then he/she jumped ship and followed a new suburb before anything even happened and very early on in their commitment to the suburb (say..... 8 months), would I commend them and applaud their move or would I call them a charlatan and lose all interest in what they had to say? Everyone has the right to an opinion but don’t forget that everyone also has their own agenda.