sharetrader
Page 632 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1325325826226286296306316326336346356366426827321132 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 14173
    ... have power to make you great

Am a sky subscriber for the first time in about 20 years, we ordered Sky Sport Now and bought a new TV with inbuilt sky app. Its good to be able to see the ABs play, even though they are losing to the Argies, without having to pay for heaps of other channels

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    Just a thought here.......
    If a realestate agent pumped otahuhu and told me it was the next ponsonby and it would happen any day only to try and create buzz then he/she jumped ship and followed a new suburb before anything even happened and very early on in their commitment to the suburb (say..... 8 months), would I commend them and applaud their move or would I call them a charlatan and lose all interest in what they had to say? Everyone has the right to an opinion but don’t forget that everyone also has their own agenda.
    Ponsonby was a slum before the 1990's. Only poor Maori and Pacific Islanders lived there. Rich white people created a buzz and the suburb got gentrified.

It's happening to Otahuhu now. So yeah, better buy some property there.

Sky dropped 90% from it's highs before I started posting here. That's like a real estate agent creating buzz after the subprime mortgage crisis in 2009.

Even with all my buzz talk the stock has barely moved. The stock is mostly held by institutional investors evaluating it's earnings. Unlike the many mining or tech/bio start ups on the ASX, Sky is a stock that you can't ramp on a forum. It doesn't have that specy nature about it like with other stocks - it's a survival story.

Most of my buzz talk is not "if" a takeover/merger happens, everyone knows it's happening. Sky already tried to merge with Vodafone. The chair gave clear comments at the AGM about consolidation activity in the industry. It's a question of "when", "who" and "how much". Obviously, I've seem to have gotten these 3 things wrong.

The answer may be "3 years", "2degrees" and "18c", which would suck and not be worth waiting for as a retail holder. I was hoping it would be "2 months", "ComCast" and "30c", that's pretty much been the extent of my buzz talk here.

My agenda is the same as everyone, get rich quick. I can't have all my cash tied up in this stock waiting for Marko or some old fart at Discovery to make move. The Maori and Pacific Islanders living in Ponsonby weren't going to wait around either. In fact, ironically, they couldn't make money as they had to sell first before the property value would go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    Just a thought here.......
    If a realestate agent pumped otahuhu and told me it was the next ponsonby and it would happen any day only to try and create buzz then he/she jumped ship and followed a new suburb before anything even happened and very early on in their commitment to the suburb (say..... 8 months), would I commend them and applaud their move or would I call them a charlatan and lose all interest in what they had to say? Everyone has the right to an opinion but don’t forget that everyone also has their own agenda.
    I would say Manukau and Papatoetoe are better bets in the South than Otahuhu. Anyway most places on this map should be gentrified to some extent.: https://www.panuku.co.nz/project-map . Also i reckon Pakuranga(west) which is relatively cheap right now should go up with the eastern busway being completed.

Talked with my brother today, for some reason he has decided to put Sky back on in his house house. Told him to wait for broadband to be released and hopefully some cheaper package deals, as this was his main complaint of having to pay for content he does not want to watch. It has been 6 years since he has had Sky. Not sure why he has now decided to reconnect.

On another note. I wonder if Neon was a standalone service not linked in anyway to Sky what SP it would attract. I'm sure the Sheresies users would eat that up being the "next big thing"

Speaking about Shersies I saw a Sky thread on their FB page today from a couple of days ago. Seems they are now allowing SKT talk back on their FB group.

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    Speaking about Shersies I saw a Sky thread on their FB page today from a couple of days ago. Seems they are now allowing SKT talk back on their FB group.
    Just to weigh in on this - before I deleted Facebook, I was part of this group.
    My observation was that there were a lot of posts and comments around SKT that were very obviously designed to try and suck a few Sharesies "newbies" in to chucking some cash at it. The frequency of posts delcaring "TO THE MOON!!!" or some other r/wallstreetbets related meme was beyond a joke. The more it would get talked about, the more frequently it would appear at the top of the Sharesies group discussion, the more chance people may take a punt.
    No surprise to me that they "banned" talk about SKT for a while. It remains to be seen (but not by me!) if they become more stringent with their moderation on that particular topic.

Quote Originally Posted by imarktu View Post
    Just to weigh in on this - before I deleted Facebook, I was part of this group.
    My observation was that there were a lot of posts and comments around SKT that were very obviously designed to try and suck a few Sharesies "newbies" in to chucking some cash at it. The frequency of posts delcaring "TO THE MOON!!!" or some other r/wallstreetbets related meme was beyond a joke. The more it would get talked about, the more frequently it would appear at the top of the Sharesies group discussion, the more chance people may take a punt.
    No surprise to me that they "banned" talk about SKT for a while. It remains to be seen (but not by me!) if they become more stringent with their moderation on that particular topic.
    You mean the same similar talk going on here about instant takeovers we're imminent and such. The share price is about to take off its so low. Much of muchness the same. Facebook sharesies and sharetrader has some similarities. But taking sky off there page was a bit biased when cbd was promoted just as hard. Everyone has to do there own research no ones holding a gun to your head when you put a trade through.
    Think we will just have to wait a week for osb news. Whether it can be sold or not.
    If it's a yes that will add a little more value to share price. A no will see it go in the opposite direction. The savings sky are Tring to produce has to be commended. Covid has created them a good little problem and given them a little more time to make very neccesary changes.

Had the sky technician here today replacing a box. Said CEO is excellent well respected. Staff have been trialling the new broadband for the last six weeks and is excellent very fast. Said has been very busy mainly because of the rugby. May have to buy some more.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 16-11-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: ..

How long after the reevaluated guidence before we start getting share valuations from brokers. Or will everyone wait till the comcom decsion

I dont think it will go to the moon!
    But maybe as far as a satellite?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I have noticed a few posts about Sky broadband supposedly being fast on different mediums. "Fast" compared between ISPs nowadays with fibre is meaningless. Support is what matters I am not sure how that will work with Sky not being a fully fledged ISP (let's hope their systems and billing integration is good).

I was also pretty shocked it appeared Ogg truly believed there would be a takeover... For me the language was clearly having a laugh (I thought we all were).

Very dangerous for those who got sucked in.