sharetrader
Page 64 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141645641064 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    Incorrect.
    No stumpy, it's correct - many of the streams which the plugins provide access to come from legitimate subscribers who have been recruited to stream services onto the internet. Typically an additional streaming media device is placed onto their local LAN and connected to their set top box. I myself have been asked and been offered inducements for this while living in Canada, but I declined.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 23-02-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Yep - they are finally gone!

Now to see if there is any potential phoenix that might encourage me to get back in.
    Put it all in ATC on ASX-you'll make a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    No stumpy, it's correct - many of the streams which the plugins provide access to come from legitimate subscribers who have been recruited to stream services onto the internet. Typically an additional streaming media device is placed onto their local LAN and connected to their set top box. I myself have been asked and been offered inducements for this while living in Canada, but I declined.
    What you said is correct.

However incorrect when you say a subscriber is needed.......

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    What you said is correct.

However incorrect when you say a subscriber is needed.......
    Stumpy, to be clear - someone needs to have subscribed to the content (e.g. HBO, Showtime, Sports) in order for it to be released on the internet and available via the plugins. That's completely correct. http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/icons/icon7.png

Membaa

I think stumpy is trying to clarify to zaphod that, the 'streams' come from legitimate distributors (of content)

"many of the streams which the plugins provide access to come from legitimate subscribers"

Any which way, SKY have a stranglehold on the sport channels and the financial resources to sustain it for the foreseeable future.

What they need to do is, imho, tap into the broader content distribution market and publish through their set-top box and Internet channels, in order to remain relevant for the longer term.

Fortunately they have Mr Handley on the board who knows this, and much more, so they'll be right for longer than most would think possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Stumpy, to be clear - someone needs to have subscribed to the content (e.g. HBO, Showtime, Sports) in order for it to be released on the internet and available via the plugins. That's completely correct. http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/icons/icon7.png
    Yes you are correct

Hope they have plan c as well

Banned

I thought the joint deal would be a decent one for customers. Now it's off I hope they think of starting their own broadband and doing their own joint package - I'm sure they have the capability to do just that.
    Didn't own but bought a few at 3.70

The key issue is Sky have been so fearful of transforming that they havent preemptively cannibalized their business model, the outcome was always going to be the same.

They could have front footed it, given the infrastructure is already largely paid for, the cost is licensing, they can either change, and accept reduced profit margins, or lose it all.

I know a number of their die hard older subscribers who have now cancelled their subscriptions, these are people that 5 years ago never would have contemplated cancelling, they just couldnt justify the cost for what is essentially a rugby subscription.

Think Fellet should roll on this now, hes done his dash, they need someone with vision before it enters a death spiral.

Note, we use an Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi now in our flat, doesn't matter that someone else is paying for the subscription, until Sky realises their business model is broken, they won't change.
    Last edited by Subway; 23-02-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    The key issue is Sky have been so fearful of transforming that they havent preemptively cannibalized their business model, the outcome was always going to be the same.

They could have front footed it, given the infrastructure is already largely paid for, the cost is licensing, they can either change, and accept reduced profit margins, or lose it all.

I know a number of their die hard older subscribers who have now cancelled their subscriptions, these are people that 5 years ago never would have contemplated cancelling, they just couldnt justify the cost for what is essentially a rugby subscription.

Think Fellet should roll on this now, hes done his dash, they need someone with vision before it enters a death spiral.

Note, we use an Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi now in our flat, doesn't matter that someone else is paying for the subscription, until Sky realises their business model is broken, they won't change.
    They have suffered from Inertia and short term thinking know they face up and make real strategic decisions.