sharetrader
Page 667 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1675676176576636646656666676686696706716777177671167 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 14173
    Legend

This thread should be renamed 'Did you see the latest large piranha alleged to have been swimming past a SKY window'

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/12365...-and-happiness

New CEO seems good with the media

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Does she fly up from Nelson every week? That doesn't seem carbon neutral....Sky seem a bit behind times on their environmental sustainability.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Does she fly up from Nelson every week? That doesn't seem carbon neutral....Sky seem a bit behind times on their environmental sustainability.
    Hey, at least she is doing her part to keep AIR NZ in business!

For what it's worth.... we had sky installed in a new house here in the Far North and I asked the install man if he was very busy. Reply was that there were not enough hours in the day and he was booked up till xmas with installs. He is not involved in decoder hand ins so couldn't comment.
    Soolaimon

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    For what it's worth.... we had sky installed in a new house here in the Far North and I asked the install man if he was very busy. Reply was that there were not enough hours in the day and he was booked up till xmas with installs. He is not involved in decoder hand ins so couldn't comment.
    That does not surprise me at all.

I have previously mentioned how I live in a new development 'Green Field' area. We only have fibre in this area - a suburb designed for streaming, so you would not expect to see very many satellite dishes around given the notion: NETFLIX: Good! SKY: Bad!

Well, missusTea and I like to take young masterTea out for walks on nice evenings, taking different routes each time. Even though everyone has fibre, I am noticing a lot more satellite dishes on roofs these days. Each time I go out I notice houses with satellite dishes recently installed.

I assume Sky is doing a strong New Business drive with some competitive offers...after all, you can stream Sky TV with Vodafone TV and save $15/month already (as you don't pay a MySky fee, and can pick and drop packages each month as there is no contract term).
    Note: downside of VTV us that it is not as 'live' as satellite, and also there are some channels that, annoyingly, you are not able to record. So it isn't all roses.

Using my suburb as just one example, between the increasing number of satellite dishes I can see, plus the Vodafone Broadband customers who will have VTV (I think Vodafone just send one out these days if you take a 12 month contract, Freeview comes out of the box and then it is up to you if you want to subscribe to more Sky channels)...and then the rest that will have NEON and/or Sky Sport NOW...it seems to me that Sky's penetration into households continues to deepen significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    Yip constant hearing as well.
    I'm looking forward to febs announment

Now that rugby is finished, I rang Sky to cancel my subscription, but the nice lady persuaded me to just put it on hold - I keep the Sky box and can use it to access free-to-air TV.
    She reckoned that in Feb, I can re-instate my sub with whatever deal is going then. This year it was $28 per mo for just sport.
    We'll see if this works..............

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    Now that rugby is finished, I rang Sky to cancel my subscription, but the nice lady persuaded me to just put it on hold - I keep the Sky box and can use it to access free-to-air TV..
    For freeeeee?

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    For freeeeee?
    Yes, AFAIK.