sharetrader
Page 668 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1685686186586646656666676686696706716726787187681168 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    Now that rugby is finished, I rang Sky to cancel my subscription, but the nice lady persuaded me to just put it on hold - I keep the Sky box and can use it to access free-to-air TV.
    She reckoned that in Feb, I can re-instate my sub with whatever deal is going then. This year it was $28 per mo for just sport.
    We'll see if this works..............
    That's interesting. I wonder if they would still count you as a subscriber in their next numbers announcement. Thus fudging the numbers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder if they would still count you as a subscriber in their next numbers announcement. Thus fudging the numbers.
    I don't think they would count him as a subscriber given he is no longer subscribing to any Sky bundles.

Even if they did, customers paying $0 per month would only serve to lower the ARPU figure which would not help their cause.

Sky are honest about their numbers. Don't forget Lightbox used to tout 300K+ as the number of subs they had. When Sky took over that number was slashed significantly as only maybe a third of them were actually paying subscribers.

Default Rupert Murdoch

TVNZ on Demand are showing "The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty". I don't suppose it will be shown on Sky TV. It shows a very unflattering picture of the mogul who stops at nothing to gain power and influence over politicians, presidents, ordinary voters and prime ministers through the power of his newspapers and TV and radio stations. His editors of course all toe the party line, while influencing the outcome that Rupert decides will be best for his empire.
    Last edited by airedale; 21-12-2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Grammar

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    TVNZ on Demand are showing "The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty". I don't suppose it will be shown on Sky TV. It shows a very unflattering picture of the mogul who stops at nothing to gain power and influence over politicians, presidents, ordinary voters and prime ministers through the power of his newspapers and TV and radio stations. His editors of course all toe the party line, while influencing the outcome that Rupert decides will be best for his empire.
    I can't tell you how lucky we are in NZ not to have Murdoch in our media landscape. I like how our discourse on politics is mostly centric and boring.

Sky wins back Wimbledon from TVNZ and Spark
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12409747
    Next step premier league

And hopefully adds F1 too

Quote Originally Posted by ba9 View Post
    And hopefully adds F1 too
    Those two gone might spell the end of spark sport.

Small steps to take back from Spark, well done Sky.

Was talking with a friend last night, he was complaining about having to subscribe to both Sky and Spark sport and how he misses when Sky was the dog on top... Well, Sky is slowly turning that way again and for the better IMO.

yes! Wimbledon is a massive sporting event on the calendar. A real drawcard!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Legend

No pre-Christmas takeover rumours yet ?

Has Ogg gone on holiday already ?