sharetrader
Page 67 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071771171675671067 ... LastLast
    Banned

Fans who watch Premier League matches for free using a Kodi set-top box could be cut off following a High Court ruling.
    Mr Justice Arnold approved a bid, launched by the Premier League, to block connections showing unlicensed match streams.
    Britain’s four biggest broadband providers to Virgin Media, BT, Sky and Talk Talk will now be able to shut off connections hosting pirated streams.The Kodi set-top box was causing particular concern for BT and Sky which had both paid millions for licences to host Premier League games.

Free lunch coming to an end ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    Fans who watch Premier League matches for free using a Kodi set-top box could be cut off following a High Court ruling.
    Mr Justice Arnold approved a bid, launched by the Premier League, to block connections showing unlicensed match streams.
    Britain’s four biggest broadband providers to Virgin Media, BT, Sky and Talk Talk will now be able to shut off connections hosting pirated streams.The Kodi set-top box was causing particular concern for BT and Sky which had both paid millions for licences to host Premier League games.

Free lunch coming to an end ?
    Slight set back, they will just change domains/IP addresses or dedicated users will just use a VPN for a couple of quid a month

5% up today. What's going on? I've still got a small amount of this basket case and am about to pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blind View Post
    5% up today. What's going on? I've still got a small amount of this basket case and am about to pull the trigger
    I've always thought this was oversold, but I don't think it's worth much more than $4 so after much temptation and feedback from others have decided to sit out!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I've always thought this was oversold, but I don't think it's worth much more than $4 so after much temptation and feedback from others have decided to sit out!
    I got Netflix the other day $11.50 per month, I still have SKY for the sports, but I now see why SKY's days are numbered. They are on a hiding to nothing if they do not change things soon.

Well, gotta wait and see what Plan B is about

Guru

It is a pity that Sky don't off a Skygo online sub only (at a reduced cost) whereby you could select which channels to pay for.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is a pity that Sky don't off a Skygo online sub only (at a reduced cost) whereby you could select which channels to pay for.
    I'd be all for that, I only have them for the sports. Annoying to have to pay the $90 per month. But no way SKY are going to do that. That would disrupt their cash cow.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I'd be all for that, I only have them for the sports. Annoying to have to pay the $90 per month. But no way SKY are going to do that. That would disrupt their cash cow.
    You are probably right. However I am seriously considering cancelling my sub as there are only two channels we watch at the moment and I don't think that is worth what I pay....whereas if there was a reduced sub for skygo only or an even cheaper option for skygo limited to certain channels, I would definitely keep that sky sub. So for me, sky may have no cash coming in, unless they offer a Skygo alone service.

Membaa

SkyGo in my experience is the suckiest flakiest most unreliable online streaming service on the planet, particularly if you are wanting to watch something popular. It is a disgrace and I think it must be designed to put set-top box subscribers off moving to digital online. Truely, it is a butt ugly pig dog. Neon is a bit better, Fanpass is much better but only for sports.

You'd have to ask yourself why Sky would have a set-top box subscriber base and THREE disparate online distribution services effectively competing against each other for eyeballs. The content is different but why three disparate online subscriber channels? Doh! Talk about confusing!

A little research and most people who subscribe to legacy Sky imo will find a way to abandon their set top boxes and their $90+ per month subscription fees, for a pay as you go online service, maybe even from Sky, that serves up just the stuff you want to watch when you want to watch it.

There's the rub, Sky seem to have the online subscription services lurking, but it's confusing and has seriously variable performance issues, so taking the plunge to advertise them in favour of the set-top box subscriber base, i.e. cannibalise the traditional channel, seems too far a leap at this stage.

Disrupt yourself or be disrupted Sky. The Choice seems simple from a consumer perspective, obviously it appears a bit more complicated if you're the provider.