sharetrader
Page 673 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636696706716726736746756766776837237731173 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 14173
    Membaa

Really sad substantial shareholders hope for a buyout or dividends sub $1 instead of a company share purchase and a recovery to $6-7. Shows how desperate it gets when the company is so disliked. Sky really do need to show they have a future, even substantial shareholders have essentially deserted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Really sad substantial shareholders hope for a buyout or dividends sub $1 instead of a company share purchase and a recovery to $6-7. Shows how desperate it gets when the company is so disliked. Sky really do need to show they have a future, even substantial shareholders have essentially deserted them.
    Sky do have a future baabaa the direction they are heading is on track. I myself do not want a buyout as I see the potential sky still has in this now crowded market. The only reason I see a dividend being a good thing resuming is it will certainly lift the share price similar to what we saw with NZME.
    Get it out of this now holding pattern and alow it to crawl out of this darkness its been stuck in. Sky technicians are still run off the feet at the mo, people are waiting for sky broadband, I basically only watch neon now as I can't seem to find anything I want to watch on Netflix in fact even Disney is better than Netflix.
    Good Times ahead

Of course there's also the matter of $6 to 16c being a 97.5% loss while 16c to $6 is a 3,650% gain.

Guru

Also should add...as I have repeatedly said in earlier posts...I am not holding shares in Sky praying for a takeover.

I like the business and the future prospects and continue to be happy to hold indefinitely

I am just saying that I agree that IF A TAKEOVER IS TO HAPPEN...it is much more likely to happen in 2021 than it was last year (when there was huge speculation on this forum that a takeover was imminent). And so long as the SP remains so low relative to Earning Power, speculation as to whether or not Sky becomes the next NZX victim to a buyout is bound to continue.

I look forward to the HY results and launch of Sky Broadband. When they launch a broadband - NEON - Sky Sport NOW bundle I will def be looking to switch from Spark. I currently pay $125/month for 1Gbps + NETFLIX 4K + NEON.

Even if I subtract the NETFLIX 4K I am still effectively paying Spark a little over $100/month for 1Gbps broadband and a NEON Sub.

The NEON sub costs Spark about $10 (they give it to me at cost pretty much).

So their broadband charge is effectively a little over $90/month.

Chorus only charge Spark $56/month after they dropped their rates.

And they say Sky is a rip.

I reckon Sky could offer me a broadband - NEON sub for $79.99 per month and still make money on both the broadband and NEON components.

I also almost exclusively watch NEON now. The content on NEON is significantly better than most of what I see available on NETFLIX imo.

Guru

Agree a buyback would be even better than a divvy at these prices.

Recover to $6 a share? That would make Sky a $10B company and we would be worth $1.3B more than Spark.

It would take a lot of doing! 😅

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agree a buyback would be even better than a divvy at these prices.

Recover to $6 a share? That would make Sky a $10B company and we would be worth $1.3B more than Spark.

It would take a lot of doing! 
    Yes, but when you think about it - what is Spark really these days? They own a mobile network, resell broadband, aggregate content rights, and have a major stake in the Southern Cross Cable along with Verizon, Optus, and Telstra.

Sky, once they've launched their broadband plans, will operate a nationwide satellite (and presumably also fibre multicast) network, aggregate rights, resell broadband, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them launch resold mobile plans at some point. Given the number of partnerships they've forged, I can see a pretty solid earnings potential in the future.

Recover to $6, I think that may be a pipe dream considering the massive dilution we have had last year. On the other hand it could be achieved by a large enough consolidation, or a long enough wait for a number of years

Guru

As it has been pointed out before - if Comcom block the deal then Sky are just going to dump the trucks on the side of the road and do a supply deal with NEP anyway.

The only difference is a bunch if OSB staff will get the sack and have to hope NEP will give them a job after (even though they are not obliged to). But, either way, Sky are going to avoid the $50M CAPEX.

So hopefully Comcom are reasonable in this instance. God knows they tend to give Sky a tough time. Their job is to assess competition concerns which is fair enough, but I think they need to apply a dose of pragmatism to their decision.

Advanced Member

Truck for sale
    Average condition
    $500 ono
    Call or text 0800 759 759