sharetrader
Page 675 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1755756256656716726736746756766776786796857257751175 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,750 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    I think they should have done what Ogg was predicting looking for a cashed up partner to merge with,but usually that does not bring job security for the board members.Just look at STU the fat cats are still there collecting their dues despite rejecting a $2.00 per share offer
    I don’t think merely “find someone to buy us” is a strategy any Board could support.

If a takeover attempt occurs, and the offer price is compelling then so be it.

But that cannot be Plan A for a company with large FCF, large customer base and the ability to transform itself.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    I think they should have done what Ogg was predicting looking for a cashed up partner to merge with,but usually that does not bring job security for the board members.Just look at STU the fat cats are still there collecting their dues despite rejecting a $2.00 per share offer

Good points on STU there too ..

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I don’t think merely “find someone to buy us” is a strategy any Board could support.

But that cannot be Plan A for a company with large FCF, large customer base and the ability to transform itself.
    sky is making some cash at the moment; wonder what they will do with it; reintroduction of their dividend would make logical sense but I wonder if they are looking at acquiring something; company has no debt realistically with cap raise to pay off bond so it would be interesting if they would potentially acquire something as they must have some cash burning in their accounts.

the banks already secured their capital for awhile on favourable terms; new leadership now; and it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    sky is making some cash at the moment; wonder what they will do with it; reintroduction of their dividend would make logical sense but I wonder if they are looking at acquiring something; company has no debt realistically with cap raise to pay off bond so it would be interesting if they would potentially acquire something as they must have some cash burning in their accounts.

the banks already secured their capital for awhile on favourable terms; new leadership now; and it will be interesting to see what they come up with.
    Yes, the HY results are due in about 5 weeks. Will be very interesting to see what the new CEO has to say.

It is true that sometimes a sudden CEO change can be a catalyst for some kind of event.

What that event might be is anyone’s guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

A merger is a tad different from a takeover,a merger in effect can stop a takeover in it's track,and save a few reputations of board members.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

With the drop today I appear to have become the holder of a few more SKT shares .
    om mani peme hum

Derek finally packs a sad

Been a good easy job for him over 7 years ......Directors fees probably about a million plus or minus a bit

He shall be missed they say

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...953/338517.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 08-01-2021 at 09:19 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Been a good lurk for him over 7 years ......Directors fees probably about a million plus or minus a bit

SP should rocket up to 30c today on the back of this news you reckon?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Been a good lurk for him over 7 years ......Directors fees probably about a million plus or minus a bit

Yes. Do you think Ogg or MrT for a replacement ? Should be a good contest.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes. Do you think Ogg or MrT for a replacement ? Should be a good contest.
    Heavens forbid ...no way
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”