sharetrader
Page 678 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1785786286686746756766776786796806816826887287781178 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    By all accounts she has been involved in the key decisions, so buying more shares after getting the top job shows confidence in the business and her ability to turn it around. I think that’s been a issue for sky where the directors and past ceo had very little skin in the game. I for one look very closely at company’s where the ceo especially has a large holding. For me a large purchase would give investors confidence . So yes I do think it would be positive for the share price. At the end of the day if the directors and senior management are not prepared to put decent money into the company then why would investors.
    Exactly - Derek being a good case in point.

7 years in the job, taking in hundreds of thousands of $$$ in director fees (plus other benefits) and he owns 17,584 shares.

Investors would have done well to follow his example.

Read the other day that insider selling on the Russell 2000 has been steadily increasing recently and has reached near record highs

Maybe a crash is coming
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    She got 908,333 at the last cap raise (12 cents)

Would her buying more now really move the share price?
    She would have to buy a lot more {perhaps more than the ST posters} to really make an impression, considering the number of shares on issue.

Legend

Read the other day that insider selling on the Russell 2000 has been steadily increasing recently and has reached near record highs

Maybe a crash is coming
    Why would a crash be thought to be coming when there still many many loose billions to flow into
    everyone's hands from low paying Bank deposits maturing & Bonus Bonds Trust winding up - all
    likely to be looking for more respectable homes paying better than current bank low ball rates .. ?

Still much the same or reduced quantities Script in 'investable companies 'out there -- but a huge amount
    more loose dough potentially going to be chasing them .. IMO

Something really bad would have to happen to effectively rip the seat out of the market badly ?

Legend

Sure, we now have a few Hedge Vulture funds & Unprincipled Fund Managers overseas screaming some SP's
    are far to high now, which they have conveniently forward sold bigtime hoping to talk disaster for a huge windfall

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Why would a crash be thought to be coming when there still many many loose billions to flow into
    everyone's hands from low paying Bank deposits maturing & Bonus Bonds Trust winding up - all
    likely to be looking for more respectable homes paying better than current bank low ball rates .. ?

Still much the same or reduced quantities Script in 'investable companies 'out there -- but a huge amount
    more loose dough potentially going to be chasing them .. IMO

Something really bad would have to happen to effectively rip the seat out of the market badly ?
    But as I said in the US insiders are selling (at a greater rate than buying) .....expectations of lower profits / lower share prices.

Yes many punters have cash to move into equities .....but for every buyer there’s a seller ....and whist does the seller do with the cash?

Saw today that global stock mkt cap has now topped 120% of global GDP. In bygone days Buffett said that’s alarming (and preceded market corrections). Just as well these times are different eh.

The option value of cash is an interesting subject.

Anyway back to SKT ...how many shares Sophie has doesn’t really matter ....but i have a feeling that this week will be a good one for the SKT share price.

But as I said in the US insiders are selling (at a greater rate than buying) .....expectations of lower profits / lower share prices.

Yes many punters have cash to move into equities .....but for every buyer there’s a seller ....and whist does the seller do with the cash?

Saw today that global stock mkt cap has now topped 120% of global GDP. In bygone days Buffett said that’s alarming (and preceded market corrections). Just as well these times are different eh.

The option value of cash is an interesting subject.

Anyway back to SKT ...how many shares Sophie has doesn’t really matter ....but i have a feeling that this week will be a good one for the SKT share price.
    If only you could securitise feelings 😬

Something needs to happen here... how much goodwill impairment is left if the shareprice stays where it is ?

What makes you say that? I think sentiment needs to change completely. The market has given Sky TV no chances. The market is right most of the time and what is there to suggest that the market is wrong this time. Perhaps we are wrong?

Disc: Holder of Sky.

Maybe Sophie is Sky’s saviour

Research: Women Are Better Leaders During a Crisis

Extract -

When discussing the careers of women leaders, there’s a phenomenon referred to as the “glass cliff.” It’s an obvious relative to the term glass ceiling, which describes the invisible barrier to advancement that women often face when they are up for promotion to the highest levels of an organization. The “glass cliff” describes the idea that when a company is in trouble, a female leader is put in charge to save it. When women are finally given a chance to prove themselves in a senior position, they are handed something that is already broken and where the chances of failure are high.

https://hbr.org/2020/12/research-wom...yName=DM113690

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/stocks-watch-2021

Fat Prophets still bullish on Sky.

Sky did not feature as a pick for any of the others brokers listed in this article though.