sharetrader
Page 68 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172781181685681068 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    SkyGo in my experience is the suckiest flakiest most unreliable online streaming service on the planet, particularly if you are wanting to watch something popular. It is a disgrace and I think it must be designed to put set-top box subscribers off moving to digital online. Truely, it is a butt ugly pig dog. Neon is a bit better, Fanpass is much better but only for sports.

You'd have to ask yourself why Sky would have a set-top box subscriber base and THREE disparate online distribution services effectively competing against each other for eyeballs. The content is different but why three disparate online subscriber channels? Doh! Talk about confusing!

A little research and most people who subscribe to legacy Sky imo will find a way to abandon their set top boxes and their $90+ per month subscription fees, for a pay as you go online service, maybe even from Sky, that serves up just the stuff you want to watch when you want to watch it.

There's the rub, Sky seem to have the online subscription services lurking, but it's confusing and has seriously variable performance issues, so taking the plunge to advertise them in favour of the set-top box subscriber base, i.e. cannibalise the traditional channel, seems too far a leap at this stage.

Disrupt yourself or be disrupted Sky. The Choice seems simple from a consumer perspective, obviously it appears a bit more complicated if you're the provider.
    So this is a prime example of the poor management and short sighted decision making at sky.

Sky Go is terrible, however Fanpass runs on the far superior Neulion platform (the same one that Coliseum used for their premier league pass). Except subscribers can’t access Fanpass when Sky Go falls over (and this happens almost always when a decent cricket/rugby game is on). Why Sky committed to Sky Go instead of going with a superior alternative I don’t know, but years of complaints hasn’t worked. Maybe people cancelling their subscriptions might kick them into doing something productive.

I cancelled Sky (via Vodafone cable) more than a year ago and have been using Kodi running on a Raspberry Pi for streaming TV and movies. But I haven't found a good reliable source for live rugby.
    Then the other day a nice young man turned up at the door offering free installation satellite Sky including Sports for $39/month for 12 months, cancellable after 6 months. mmm in 6 months Super Rugby will be finished and the Lions will have come and gone, so why not? The price after 12 months jumps to $105 per month but I'll be long gone by then.

All I know is they keep ring up saying you are a valued customer so we are offering you Rialto (usually this Channel occasionally SoHo) for a month free and then you can cancel.
    Haven't taken one up yet, the trick is that YOU have to remember to cancel it before the month is up otherwise you will be charged.

Huge dump on friday (20m shares). Anyone know where to find who (individual/institution) bought/sold??
    Last edited by ohpark0119; 19-03-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    Huge dump on friday (20m shares). Anyone know where to find who (individual/institution) bought/sold??
    It's bad, very bad .. big exits as the SP approaches all time lows $3.15 (which was the bottom of the GFC, so no correlation to the current self inflicted woes). TA would suggest that's a decent support, but the FA looks like it will just smash any chart supports, the company is in a nose dive staring into the abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    https://nzx.com/companies/SKT/announcements/298570
    This announcement answered your question, blackrock one day trading volume was over 19m, end up overall holding increase from 10.311% to 12.287%.

Ah yea saw this. Thanks

Hmmm Sky and Vodafone challenging decision. SP up 6% on that news.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Hmmm Sky and Vodafone challenging decision. SP up 6% on that news.
    Maybe that's why blackrock increased their holding. Never know when they gonna dump it though. They may have heard the news before and increased the holding.

Last Friday 99.9% whole day trading volume was contributed by one trader-BlackRock(sell and buy), sp was be manuipulated.