sharetrader
Page 69 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273791191695691069 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    Maybe that's why blackrock increased their holding. Never know when they gonna dump it though. They may have heard the news before and increased the holding.
    Depends whether blackrock are taking an increased position for their ishares ETF's based on the index position of SKT, might not be an active management decision

Banned

Harris and Kiltearn also buying...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    Harris and Kiltearn also buying...
    Could it be vodafone group buying backdoor through those guys?

Banned

Anyone else see this ("Sky, Vodafone To Push Ahead With NZ Merger")? Fills in some background around the SKT announcement.
    www.sharecafe.com.au/sharecafe.asp?a=AV&ai=43522

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Anyone else see this ("Sky, Vodafone To Push Ahead With NZ Merger")? Fills in some background around the SKT announcement.
    www.sharecafe.com.au/sharecafe.asp?a=AV&ai=43522
    This path most likely akin to scoring an own goal

Ignoring the ComCom (and hence the government), is asking for regulation IMO

Banned

If they're offering Spark and 2degrees a reasonable deal (even if Spark refuses to take it) then I think it will be difficult for the commission to block it...and if they do SKT/VOD will probably go ahead anyway.
    Makes sense - ..I don't think the fact that BskyB do broadband as well as programmes in the UK is a problem over there. And if Spark want the All Blacks games they can bid for them.

Membaa

No more daily or weekly FanPass! I giant step backwards for the online streaming service. Utilisation of FanPass will drop off the cliff, imho.

"We wanted to let you know about some changes we’re making to the passes available on Fan Pass.

We wanted Fan Pass to give Kiwis the freedom to dip in and out of sport by offering short-term flexible passes. However, sports rights aren’t cheap and it’s just not stacking up for us as much as we’ve tried to make it work. So we’ve had to make the following changes which will affect you:

- From 24th May, you’ll no longer be able to get a Day or Week pass on Fan Pass.

- The cost of the Month pass will increase from $55.99 per month to $99.99 per month from 24th May.

- We’ll be introducing a 6 Month pass which will be a one-off payment of $329.99. It’s a big payment upfront but it still works out as less than $2 a day which is pretty good value. That could give you the entire All Blacks Season from kick off to the final whistle.

If none of these changes are your cup of tea, SKY have got an offer where you can join SKY with no joining fee and get a $150 account credit on a 6 month Basic contract. If you want further information, call SKY on 0800 800 759.

The team at Fan Pass will still be working hard on the side line to make sure you’ve got a great sport streaming service to watch SKY Sport 1-4 and Pay-Per-View Events.

Thanks

The team at FAN PASS

Emphasis added. Off with the nose to spite the face. Boo Sky Boo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    No more daily or weekly FanPass! I giant step backwards for the online streaming service. Utilisation of FanPass will drop off the cliff, imho.

"We wanted to let you know about some changes we’re making to the passes available on Fan Pass.

We wanted Fan Pass to give Kiwis the freedom to dip in and out of sport by offering short-term flexible passes. However, sports rights aren’t cheap and it’s just not stacking up for us as much as we’ve tried to make it work. So we’ve had to make the following changes which will affect you:

- From 24th May, you’ll no longer be able to get a Day or Week pass on Fan Pass.

- The cost of the Month pass will increase from $55.99 per month to $99.99 per month from 24th May.

- We’ll be introducing a 6 Month pass which will be a one-off payment of $329.99. It’s a big payment upfront but it still works out as less than $2 a day which is pretty good value. That could give you the entire All Blacks Season from kick off to the final whistle.

If none of these changes are your cup of tea, SKY have got an offer where you can join SKY with no joining fee and get a $150 account credit on a 6 month Basic contract. If you want further information, call SKY on 0800 800 759.

The team at Fan Pass will still be working hard on the side line to make sure you’ve got a great sport streaming service to watch SKY Sport 1-4 and Pay-Per-View Events.

Thanks

The team at FAN PASS

Emphasis added. Off with the nose to spite the face. Boo Sky Boo.
    I dont get it. If the monthly cost goes to $99.99 would it not be cheaper to get the normal SKY with HD and all the other channels on top of that? (I currently pay $94 per month) for that. Makes no sense at all. How can I short SKY.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I dont get it. If the monthly cost goes to $99.99 would it not be cheaper to get the normal SKY with HD and all the other channels on top of that? (I currently pay $94 per month) for that. Makes no sense at all. How can I short SKY.
    Why offer Fanpass at all it is the question - as you say its basically the same deal. The attraction was just paying for the days you wanted. Putting that aside, the $329 option is only $54 a month - so thats the same price as current - and a lot cheaper than month to month - but you have to commit to 6 months and they get the cash up front.

I would guess its all about this - I think they have sat around and thought, We would rather lose the occasional daily fan pass revenue to get people onto a 6month committed payment with the bonus of the cash in advance which is basically our old school existing model in disquise. As we all know, outside of whatever SKY offer - local sports fans have few other options so will most likely just suck it up.

No longer content with just sitting on their hands while people get their content elsewhere, they've decided to actually go backwards now. lol