sharetrader
Page 7 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Good result from SKT.

NPAT up 16.8%,

Final div 10.5cps, Special div of 25cps. No reason for Special div given in the abbreviated report that we get from NZX.

SP up 15c today.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Good result from SKT.

NPAT up 16.8%,

Final div 10.5cps, Special div of 25cps. No reason for Special div given in the abbreviated report that we get from NZX.

SP up 15c today.

Very pleasing result.Special divie a nice surprise.[maybe Rupert needs the cash ]

Veteran novice

Here's the company's rationale for paying the special dividend.

"Chief executive John Fellet said the Sky board had been conservative on dividends policy in the past, especially after the global financial crisis.

"There have been other times we could have given a bigger dividend but we kept a reserve. We feel a bit more comfortable about the market now," he said."

Guru

Doesn't look like anyone has posted on SkyTV in a while.

ComCom has approved Igloo but is looking at internet deals.

With todays price crash I think it is a buy? Anyone actually follow this one?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I believe with the axing of standard tv reception in Sept 2012 there will be a big boost to subscriber numbers
    Why? Because people have to buy a box, they decide to upgrade to sky? Otherwise, Freeview is better than standard TV and most new TV's come with freeview built in so peopel may actually opt out of Sky.

Being a Tivo user, I cnat image anyone would go back to live tv once they have had mySky or Tivo.

Internet TV doesn't worry me to much as Sky has all the good content. Illegal downloaders will still be as prevalent as in the past.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Sky TV's price has crashed for the same reason that Chorus's share price crashed and Telecom before it. And Meridian, Genesis, Mighty River, Contact and Solid Energy will after it. And more that we cannot yet guess at.
    Until the Government brings ComCom under control NZ is no place for investors. Its the beginning of the end of the NZX and NZ having a sharemarket. Australia under Labour and Julia Gillard/Swan is a friendlier place than NZ under ComCom regardless of what stripe of government we have!

Hmmm - so the Todd Family has sold out of Sky. In my experience (I've worked in businesses owned or supplied by them) they don't make major moves wthout a damn good reason.

I wonder what dark clouds are on the horizon for Sky? The Todd's usually have a pretty long telescope - and their vision is generally spot on.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    The Todd's usually have a pretty long telescope - and their vision is generally spot on.
    Thats what i thought when i followed them into Provenco.
    Thankfully i had the sense to get out without too much damage

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I wonder what dark clouds are on the horizon for Sky?
    In an environment where customers have access to online streaming services (both legal and not) it seems probable that some combination of retention, margin and/or growth would be impacted. While Sky may transition to a model that copes with this, it seems likely it will also add complexity and cost in the interim. I find enough uncertainty with future prospects to avoid.

Special dividend 32 cents Woooow