sharetrader
Page 702 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2026026526926986997007017027037047057067127528021202 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That’s very thought provoking mate.
    Hey baa_baa ...I see you can get tees with that saying on it. One it’s on way

Suppose you already have one
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

The truth is, everyone is happy sitting at home watching re-runs on Sky TV.

Nobody cares if Sky has or hasn't got the cricket, pelps are just buying Spark sport and watching both.

Even if Sky lost the rugby 90% of subscribers would stay.

Peps love watching crap on Sky, including the ads!

It's a great business model. The only downside is that Sky doesn't own the content. That's why it would be a great buy for Discovery.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Hot female CEO - that's the buy signal everyone missed.
    That's FA not TA..............................lol.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Would have thought the TA experts would be saying all the buy signals have been there for everyone to see.
    Share price at a new 6 months high.
    Breakout on upside of a sideways oblong.
    Share price above 50 day and 200 day moving averages.
    MACD up.
    RS up.
    Add to that, MACD cross up, Stoch cross up, SP above 50 and 200 MA's ... looks good for a trade, but tempering that is seven years of wealth destruction. One->three days upwards reversal = bottom pickers heaven? Good luck, might need it.

May be that more than a single day close above the oblong is required to tempt a few punters into, or back into this. Rather be late than wreck capital? For the nimble and astute perhaps, not so much a sign for the long term devoted yet.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey baa_baa ...I see you can get tees with that saying on it. One it’s on way

Suppose you already have one
    First saw it on a tee shirt, but no I don't have one. Send you an address, consider it a donation to a misunderstood good cause.

Was talking with a friend who's grandma has Sky + movie package. She is in her 70s and in the last 2 years has only watched 1 movie on Sky. She doesn't want to cancel it because "one day I might want to watch a movie again" go figure lol.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    Was talking with a friend who's grandma has Sky + movie package. She is in her 70s and in the last 2 years has only watched 1 movie on Sky. She doesn't want to cancel it because "one day I might want to watch a movie again" go figure lol.
    She probably figures that for a measly 69c/day she may as well keep her options open!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    She probably figures that for a measly 69c/day she may as well keep her options open!
    Hard to know how many there are, my mum was the same, but she's gone now, maybe like a fair few of Sky subscribers.

Very concerning they can't arrest the satellite subscriber decline, just points to how hard it is to compete in the digital space (without dedicated content) when their traditional subscribers are ... well how to nicely say it, dying off.

The point of difference is unclear and even harder to explain why it is sustainable over the longer term.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Tbf I am not much different, can’t remember the last time I watched a movie on sky, or for that matter even watched soho. Last series I watched on there was Fargo and that was months ago. Keep suggesting to the wife that we cancel it, but she likes the living channel etc. Only thing I watch is eastenders and could watch that much cheaper on mucho

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Would have thought the TA experts would be saying all the buy signals have been there for everyone to see.
    Share price at a new 6 months high.
    Breakout on upside of a sideways oblong.
    Share price above 50 day and 200 day moving averages.
    MACD up.
    RS up.
    12 November 2020:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    My charts show that SKT is currently in an uptrend:
    It began on 5-Aug-20, though obviously we would not have known this at the time;
    The long downtrend ended on 6-Oct-20 by my criteria;
    Today close confirmed this is indeed an uptrend with a close of 16.8c exceeding the 16.6c of 9-Sep-20.

So I pose the question to all, when do you decide that the downtrend is over and thus the stock is buy-able?
    Snow Leopards are Doing Better
    om mani peme hum