sharetrader
Page 709 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2096096596997057067077087097107117127137197598091209 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 14173

Someone call the doctor, we want the old Ogg back.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Sky losing the NZ cricket was the best thing that ever happened.

True cricket fans will watch India VS England or Pakistan VS South Africa at 12am in the morning. Or Mysky it etc.

This type of content costs 1/10 of the price of NZ cricket. Plus Sky doesn't have to broadcast it with OSB.

Just lol. Seriously, this is greatest cash cow business model of all time.

I see your strategy now - trying to attract a private equity corporate raider to come in with a takeover offer by laying out a compelling case for selling off the valuable parts of the company (Rigby rights to spark would cover a big chunk of takeover price) and then milking the satellite base for the next decade as you sell off all non-essential assets/property and move customer support operations to India and/or chat-bots.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Someone call the doctor, we want the old Ogg back.
    You don't want a takeover here.

Look at the balance sheet after the bonds are paid off! Company is healthy.

I think Sky should try and exit it's contract with NZ Rugby early, perhaps 2023. Get all that cash back and buy NZ Rugby shares back.

We need more re-runs. Another Jones channel. More black and white movies etc. More content for grannies.

5c divys every 6 months...

Advanced Member

Sky forgot who it's customers were.

Rugby fans are young losers with no cash. Mostly likely to pirate content. Sky needs to get rid of them.

Baby boomers still have another 30 years left of TV watching.

Grannies is where the cash is.

Jones TV!

Sky forgot who it's customers were.

Rugby fans are young losers with no cash. Mostly likely to pirate content. Sky needs to get rid of them.

Baby boomers still have another 30 years left of TV watching.

Grannies is where the cash is.

Jones TV!

There is a kernel of truth in Ogg's theory. My old lady would get very grumpy if I ditched SKY. She never watches sports but would happily watch any number of British detective series etc. She is never happier than when she finds another re-run of Morse.
    Last edited by airedale; 10-02-2021 at 01:02 PM.

You don't want a takeover here.
    I prefer a takeover, I want to liquidate all I have and move on to other stuff with higher growth, instead of having $$$ tied into a stagnant stock.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    There is a kernel of truth in Ogg's theory. My old lady would get very grumpy if I ditched SKY. She never watches sports but would happily watch any number of British detective series etc. She is never happier than when she finds another re-run of Morse.
    Dedicated Inspector Morse TV channel.

$4.99 per month.

Nothing but re-runs....

Advanced Member

Sky line up 2022.

1. One
    2. TV2
    3. Three Now
    4. Prime
    5. Jones TV
    6. Jones TV
    7. Jones TV
    8 Jones TV
    9. Jones TV
    10. Jones TV

Ogg. While I agree with you on a lot of things. This may not be one of them

If you take live content such as sports out of SKY, there isn't much to differentiate sky from the rest. Eventually Netflix or someone can will outbid them. As they can do this a lot better than sky. It would inevitably lead to a slow death.

The beauty of SKY is there is something for everyone in the household to watch. From kids, Mom, grannies and dads.
    While sport may not a smart decision financially, it is still a necessary evil that sky needs. Just look at Sparksport and their offering. They would do anything to take rugby off Sky.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ba9 View Post
    Ogg. While I agree with you on a lot of things. This may not be one of them

If you take live content such as sports out of SKY, there isn't much to differentiate sky from the rest. Eventually Netflix or someone can will outbid them. As they can do this a lot better than sky. It would inevitably lead to a slow death.

The beauty of SKY is there is something for everyone in the household to watch. From kids, Mom, grannies and dads.
    While sport may not a smart decision financially, it is still a necessary evil that sky needs. Just look at Sparksport and their offering. They would do anything to take rugby off Sky.
    I'm not saying get rid of sport, I'm saying get rid of NZ made sport and replace it with snooker, dart or bowel re-runs from overseas.

All Blacks and the domestic NZ rugby is just a waste of money.