sharetrader
Page 719 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2196196697097157167177187197207217227237297698191219 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    Yes. Quiet day so far and no action with the SP. This is SKY after all, so no idea what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully some good surprises and no a downward one.
    I think some of the issues are that "some" news media outlets just don't like sky, even if it's good news they will put their own bad spin on it (when they don't understand the underlying numbers etc. Good example is lightbox and paying subs).

Sky isn't going to go away, people are slowly understanding that more media streaming services = greater cost of viewing what you want (i.e. different programs movies on different platforms needing a fee for each).
    I find Neon a lot better when it comes to new released movies and TV shows where netflix has older stuff, disney+ has limited content at the moment, prime video has a couple of good shows but then a lot of c grade movies which are so bad that you watch 5 minutes and turn it off.

Maybe Sky needs a name changed (like telecom - spark). People still get confused and think there is some tie in with BskyB over in the UK and some people just hate sky.

Time will tell i guess.

Yes I'm the laughing stock around my group of fiends for investing in "boomer stock SKT" a name change I thought would have been good for their business, but guessing since they have naming right for the cake tin in Wellington a name change is completely off the cards. In saying that SKT is a household name, that I guess many... hate.

Oh well. In saying that the numbers are looking good. The company is making money and it's only a matter of time for the baby to take a little lift. Gltah tomorrow.

Yes I'm the laughing stock around my group of fiends for investing in "boomer stock SKT" a name change I thought would have been good for their business, but guessing since they have naming right for the cake tin in Wellington a name change is completely off the cards. In saying that SKT is a household name, that I guess many... hate.

Oh well. In saying that the numbers are looking good. The company is making money and it's only a matter of time for the baby to take a little lift. Gltah tomorrow.
    Don't worry, I was a laughing stock for suggesting that disintermediation of broadcasting would result in the same or higher costs for consumers than what they were paying for Sky now. As Tripp has outlined in the post above, that's what has been happening. I thought it was a natural progression of how the industry evolved, but many did or probably still do not. I suspect a natural consolidation process will occur in the future.

This type of anecdote adds further support to my thesis that SKT has been oversold on emotive and irrational grounds. Maybe SKT is NZs GME??

Quote Originally Posted by HCR20 View Post
    This type of anecdote adds further support to my thesis that SKT has been oversold on emotive and irrational grounds. Maybe SKT is NZs GME??
    Oh totally just without the massive shorts. Any thread relating to SKT outside of ST/HC is always met with negativity. The SP has totally been oversold on irrational grounds. Previous holders who have been holding Sky from the early days will still be experiencing massive pains, so I can't blame some for the hate they might hold towards Sky.

So half year results announcement tomorrow. With the recent guidance updates there shouldn't be too many surprises.

The technicals are in a strong bullish setup with the recent confirmation of a monthly uptrend, as well as a weekly bull flag now formed. The small pullback from the high strongly favours continuation. I think we need bit of a catalyst with more positive info in tomorrows update. Discussion around dividends would be one thing that'd certainly do it.

Still a lot of bag holders from over the years so this can create quite a lot of resistance on its way up (we have seen this already).

My prediction result are great actually better than great.

Marked reaction SP will drop.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I'm not saying get rid of sport, I'm saying get rid of NZ made sport and replace it with snooker, dart or bowel re-runs from overseas.

All Blacks and the domestic NZ rugby is just a waste of money.
    Bowel Re runs?

Theres no need to get sh**ty!

Guru

"All Blacks and the domestic NZ rugby is just a waste of money."

that would be like me saying to the Swed's dont whatch ice hockey..

i know sweds here who somehow used to get video tapes sent over back in the 1990's here so they could get some of their habit ..

they got very grumpy if they could not whatch ice hockey..

DESC: dont whatch either myself but you dont want to make the native unhappy no matter where you live.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Bowel Re runs?

Theres no need to get sh**ty!
    It must be a new version of pump & dump!