sharetrader
Page 735 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2356356857257317327337347357367377387397457858351235 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,350 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yeah, but I think we have established that you have no idea what you are talking about
    True but it seems to make me money on here. Wouldn't you agree?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    True but it seems to make me money on here. Wouldn't you agree?
    LOLLLL. After CGT you have probably made about $7K after an enormous amount of trading activity and anxiety/stress.

I would get excited over 7 grand too if it wasn't a rounding error I suppose

Guru

I have no idea how many subs RP will get, and make no predictions.

However, in the UK alone there are million of rugby fans...and nobody but RP is broadcasting there.

£35 works out to be £3.18 per week.

Is it ridiculous to think that a sizeable chunk of the rugby fans in the UK would be prepared to pay 3 quid a week to subscribe to the tournament? I don't think it is.

And then there are 99 additional countries to consider...

Advanced Member

I have no idea how many subs RP will get, and make no predictions.

However, in the UK alone there are million of rugby fans...and nobody but RP is broadcasting there.

£35 works out to be £3.18 per week.

Is it ridiculous to think that a sizeable chunk of the rugby fans in the UK would be prepared to pay 3 quid a week to subscribe to the tournament? I don't think it is.

And then there are 99 additional countries to consider...
    A sizeable number would subscribe to a local UK tournament - I think the amount who would subscribe to a NZ tournament is probably quite a bit less than that. I would compare it to what percentage of NZ rugby viewers would subscribe to a foreign rugby tournament if Sky didn't screen them? I would guess the number would be 1-2%.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 02-03-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    A sizeable number would subscribe to a local UK tournament - I think the amount who would subscribe to a NZ tournament is probably quite a bit less than that. I would compare it to what percentage of NZ rugby viewers would subscribe to a foreign rugby tournament if Sky didn't screen them? I would guess the number would be 1-2%.
    We will soon see how popular the tournament is to the rest of the world.

The only thing I would add to your comments is that the 5 NZ teams who participate in SR Aotearoa are the best super rugby teams in the world. I believe it is 'must see rugby' to many fans overseas - and especially in the UK (who are probably as rugby mad as NZ).

I could be wrong about that, in which case NZR and Sky won't do very well at all. Let's see.

Advanced Member

The only thing I would add to your comments is that the 5 NZ teams who participate in SR Aotearoa are the best super rugby teams in the world. I believe it is 'must see rugby' to many fans overseas - and especially in the UK (who are probably as rugby mad as NZ).

I could be wrong about that, in which case NZR and Sky won't do very well at all. Let's see.

I agree that our SR teams are excellent. However I find I have little interest in watching our boys knock the stuffing out of each other over and over again. It gets boring. Of course that is just me !

Advanced Member

Will be interesting to see what happens post-SR Aotearoa - with either the Trans-tasman comp starting, or if the there is no travel bubble then that gets cancelled/delayed and apparently the back-up plan is for another round robin of SR Aotearoa (presumably they would shift the planned final).

Guru

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/aaron...zealand-rugby/

At least Aaron is sticking around.

Maybe NZR could afford his pay raise after the cash started rolling in from RugbyPass...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens post-SR Aotearoa
    Well, RP is never going to be much of 'a thing' primarily selling rugby to places like Afghanistan and Cambodia.

So let's hope this proves a new commercial model to mainstream audiences for the rugby unions, and is the beginning of something special for RP.

Advanced Member

Discovery Inc up 10% over night. Added $2 billion in market cap.