sharetrader
Page 736 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2366366867267327337347357367377387397407467868361236 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 14173
    Guru

https://www.sky.co.nz/-/sky-and-foxt...ulti-year-deal

Sky and Foxtel sticking together.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    SP didn't even move.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    SP didn't even move.
    Nah it won’t.

Remember, ‘everyone’ is going OTT...

...even though Sky seem to have no shortage of partners with great content willing to do deals.

Advanced Member

Deleted for TMI reasons
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 03-03-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Deleted for TMI reasons
    Saw your message earlier.

You will love the apps - especially on AppleTV.

Have you had a look at the Features section on Sky Sport NOW yet? Some great stuff on there to watch. Way easier to find sport content to watch.

Guru

(No paywall for this article)
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/devoli-h...adband-numbers

I wonder if we are using these guys.

Advanced Member

My Spark Sport Experience so far:

I paid $39.99 for Parker Vs Fa fight. Tried to login 15mins before the fight but apparently my modern tablet isn't a supported device. I contacted support and got a refund. Thankfully the fight ended up being crap so no harm done.

I signed up to a free 7 day trial so I could watch tonight's NZ VS AUS game also and Sundays game. Had to cast it through google chrome on the TV for it to work.

A few times it would drop down to standard definition. Not sure if it was my setup or wireless 4G (through Skinny/Spark). It also froze once but I was able to quickly reset.

It was annoying not being able to switch between channels in the break or between overs as I had to switch HDMI inputs. Had to use phone as the remote to adjust volume as well.

Overall it's just a clucky and bad experience but it does "work" and is very watchable. The only real benefit is being able to pay for just the sport you want and then canceling your subscription, thus saving a bit of money.

I think I just need a new TV. But geez, having to folk out big bucks for new TVs, phones, laptops and subscriptions really adds up over time.

The commentators were referring to "Sky Stadium" as "Wellington Stadium" even though there were Sky logos everywhere, Brendon Mccullum let it slip once though and said Sky Stadium.

Will be canceling after Sunday...

But yeah, will likely sign up again when the next big cricket game or sport event comes along. But Jesus Christ, I miss cricket on Sky.
    Last edited by Ogg; 03-03-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    My Spark Sport Experience so far:

I paid $39.99 for Parker Vs Fa fight. Tried to login 15mins before the fight but apparently my modern tablet isn't a supported device. I contacted support and got a refund. Thankfully the fight ended up being crap so no harm done.

I signed up to a free 7 day trial so I could watch tonight's NZ VS AUS game also and Sundays game. Had to cast it through google chrome on the TV for it to work.

A few times it would drop down to standard definition. Not sure if it was my setup or wireless 4G (through Skinny/Spark). It also froze once but I was able to quickly reset.

It was annoying not being able to switch between channels in the break or between overs as I had to switch HDMI inputs. Had to use phone as the remote to adjust volume as well.

Overall it's just a clucky and bad experience but it does "work" and is very watchable. The only real benefit is being able to pay for just the sport you want and then canceling your subscription, thus saving a bit of money.

I think I just need a new TV. But geez, having to folk out big bucks for new TVs, phones, laptops and subscriptions really adds up over time.

The commentators were referring to "Sky Stadium" as "Wellington Stadium" even though there were Sky logos everywhere, Brendon Mccullum let it slip once though and said Sky Stadium.

Will be canceling after Sunday...

But yeah, will likely sign up again when the next big cricket game or sport event comes along. But Jesus Christ, I miss cricket on Sky.
    Likewise I have signed up for just a month to watch the cricket.

However my experience has been great watching via the SparkSport app on an AppleTV box (connected to a 10 year old TV) and via the web browser on my Mac, using a standard fibre connection.

I would suggest you simply buy an appleTV (which all streaming services have apps on) instead of a new TV for two reasons:

1) Cost - an appletv box is much cheaper.

2) Privacy - nearly all smart TVs connected to the internet have terribly invasive Automated content recognition technology that send details of EVERYTHING you watch on the TV (including when you aren't watching streaming stuff - so even if you are watching another device plugged into the tv like a skybox or dvd player it still identifies what you are watching) - and sends it off to a server for them to sell your data (viewing habits at the very least) to the highest bidder. (Apple of course does not sell your viewing data to anyone)

For more information read this: https://www.howtogeek.com/714602/dis...stop-tracking/
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 04-03-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post

I would suggest you simply buy an appleTV

Advanced Member

We've been watching the Netball the last couple of nights.
    Apple TV -> TV first night.
    Picture quality poor. Jerky. Replayed bits in an unusual way a few times.
    Odd.

Second night we tried the same...no good.
    So I put it on my iPad and sent it to the Apple TV ->TV

Pretty decent picture, no stoppages, so my conclusion is the Apple TV SKY APP was playing up, or something not right with it.

I am far from convinced that streaming sports such as tennis / cricket provides as good a picture quality /viewing experience as satellite.
    But its hard to quantify.