sharetrader
Page 737 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2376376877277337347357367377387397407417477878371237 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 14174
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    We've been watching the Netball the last couple of nights.
    Apple TV -> TV first night.
    Picture quality poor. Jerky. Replayed bits in an unusual way a few times.
    Odd.

Second night we tried the same...no good.
    So I put it on my iPad and sent it to the Apple TV ->TV

Pretty decent picture, no stoppages, so my conclusion is the Apple TV SKY APP was playing up, or something not right with it.

I am far from convinced that streaming sports such as tennis / cricket provides as good a picture quality /viewing experience as satellite.
    But its hard to quantify.
    I watched the rugby last weekend and it was perfect HD picture all the way through.

Same for the Aussie open.

I use Apple TV 4K for sky sport NOW.

Vodafone tv for pretty much everything else.

Advanced Member

We've been watching the Netball the last couple of nights.
    Apple TV -> TV first night.
    Picture quality poor. Jerky. Replayed bits in an unusual way a few times.
    Odd.

Second night we tried the same...no good.
    So I put it on my iPad and sent it to the Apple TV ->TV

Pretty decent picture, no stoppages, so my conclusion is the Apple TV SKY APP was playing up, or something not right with it.

I am far from convinced that streaming sports such as tennis / cricket provides as good a picture quality /viewing experience as satellite.
    But its hard to quantify.
    A whole bunch more variables in multiple locations involved all along the stream from the providers servers to your Tv/Device, whereas Satellite is fairly solid (except for the odd rain fade or poor sun positioning causing a cease in transmission). But in general the services that rely 100% on their product being a streaming one sort out their issues. Sky doesn't quite have that same immediacy, but it has improved a lot from where it started off with SkyGo a few years back.

(One tip I would recommend if you are having streaming troubles: If your wifi router supports dual networks create a seperate wifi at a different frequency just for your Apple TV to use - eliminates any interference from other devices on your network).
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 04-03-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    A whole bunch more variables in multiple locations involved all along the stream from the providers servers to your Tv/Device, whereas Satellite is fairly solid (except for the odd rain fade or poor sun positioning causing a cease in transmission). But in general the services that rely 100% on their product being a streaming one sort out their issues. Sky doesn't quite have that same immediacy, but it has improved a lot from where it started off with SkyGo a few years back.

(One tip I would recommend if you are having streaming troubles: If your wifi router supports dual networks create a seperate wifi at a different frequency just for your Apple TV to use - eliminates any interference from other devices on your network).
    Thanks.....Apple TV hard wired.

Guru

Thanks.....Apple TV hard wired.
    Hmmmn, very odd. Your Ethernet cable set up should do the trick.

What modem are you using. I invested in my own - NETGEAR nighthawk R7000.

I used to notice the picture go in and out of HD focus but since I bought my own router that hasn’t been an issue anymore. It is clear HD picture all the way through.

My old router was a Spark one.

Advanced Member

TAKEOVER ALERT....

New Job listing 5 days ago at Discovery Asia Pacific headquaters.

https://sg.linkedin.com/jobs/view/di...inc-2428233052

Discovery is looking for a Corporate Development lead for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region reporting to EVP Corporate Development, EMEA & APAC and working closely with the new Head of Insights, Strategy & Business Development APAC. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and is looking for an opportunity to be an important leader within Discovery’s APAC business.

Discovery’s Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions, partnerships and investments. The team also supports the development and execution of company-wide corporate strategy and assists business units/divisions in evaluating new business and/or cross-organization opportunities.

The Director, Corporate Development APAC will be responsible for working with Discovery’s senior leadership team across the APAC region to source, evaluate, and execute potential corporate transactions and business development opportunities in support of the company’s mid-to-long range strategy.

Good one Ogg

Advanced Member

Discovery Inc up another 4% overnight.

TV3 parent company now worth NZD $36,600,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Hmmmn, very odd. Your Ethernet cable set up should do the trick.

What modem are you using. I invested in my own - NETGEAR nighthawk R7000.

I used to notice the picture go in and out of HD focus but since I bought my own router that hasn’t been an issue anymore. It is clear HD picture all the way through.

My old router was a Spark one.

This whole line of technical discussion would send most customers {particularly women and plenty of men} fleeing to something like the radio or anything that they can just switch on and enjoy. I hope that SKT have someone {other than Ogg} who monitors this thread and advises the management to keep it simple.
    Last edited by airedale; 04-03-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    This whole line of technical discussion would send most customers {particularly women and plenty of men} fleeing to something like the radio or anything that they can just switch on and enjoy. I hope that SKT have someone {other than Ogg} who monitors this thread and advises the management to keep it simple.
    It's exactly these kind of people that we hold captive on satellite

Just spoke to my father he is paying well over 100 for his sky. I briefly mentioned I could help out with reducing the costs (not in our interests as shareholders) but in his.

Dads response was don’t touch it as it all works and I don’t care what I am paying. For some with money and there is a few out there with plenty of disposable income. He doesn’t give a rats ass how much it is costing. All he wants is it to work. He has not changed to Spark for any of there offering due to not being tech savvy.

It is odd as this is the same man that growing up was telling me to turn of the lights to save electricity.

I guess now he is old has money and doesn’t care as long as his RV works and is easy.