sharetrader
Page 747 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2476476977377437447457467477487497507517577978471247 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Reckon there could be big auction from buy side at close looking the way things are progressing imo.

Last edited by Ogg; 10-03-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Is the Am Cup on SKY
    FYI. The you tube commentary is on a different level to tvnz. If you haven't watched it on you tube watch it. Makes the race much more enjoyable. If all goes well Ill be watching it on the water on Friday.

Guru

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/vocus...649170432-RG_1

Hmmmmn, looks like Vocus is becoming a lot more interested in...satellite technology.

I’ll leave it to Ogg to insert the laughing Nicholas Cage YouTube video...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/vocus...649170432-RG_1

Hmmmmn, looks like Vocus is becoming a lot more interested in...satellite technology.

I’ll leave it to Ogg to insert the laughing Nicholas Cage YouTube video...
    It's talking about low earth orbit satellites, which isn't really relevant.

However, a few things have me scratching my head as of late.

1) Why would Sky dump Feenix Communications, when according to a source on this forum, a deal was about to be signed? Why all of a sudden sign up with Vocus NZ? What was the benefit of moving at the last minute? Did Vocus NZ offer a huge "carrot", if so why? Is there something else they're not telling us about this agreement? It seems odd there was no announcement to the market regarding the details of this commercial deal.

2) Why is the Vocus NZ IPO getting delayed again. Why doesn't the scheme of arrangement just exclude Vocus NZ? Why not just wait for it to be sold off in a few weeks time? What's the rush in making a takeover now?

3) The NBR article talking about NZ consolidation as if someone slipped up and revealed there's a big plan out there. Consolidate with who? Seems odd that they would partner with Sky and do a big wholesale deal, than go out and talk to the media about "consolidation."

4) Sky TV not using available credit/cash to do a buy back or pay a dividend, when there's clearly enough liquidity to do so. What are they doing with their $200m credit line? Nothing is happening here it seems. Why the wait.

5) Sky broadband getting delayed again, and again. What's going on? How long does it take to sell a resell product.

6) Why would MIRA want Vocus NZ? I mean sure, if they got it cheap, maybe they would keep it but according to sources, a $700m IPO is planned, so why not just let it get flick off or flick it off themselves ASAP in a My Food Bag type IPO fire sale? Or is that their plan, but then why take the risk?

I really hope that Sky doesn't end up buying Vocus NZ off MIRA.

If MIRA had an brains, they would buy Sky and combined it with Vocus NZ and then refloat both of them together 5 years later. Or better yet just keep it and resell it all to Comcast or AT&T.

What ever happens, you would think the outcome would be positive for shareholders of Sky. How could it get worse from here.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It's talking about low earth orbit satellites, which isn't really relevant.

However, a few things have me scratching my head as of late.

1) Why would Sky dump Feenix Communications, when according to a source on this forum, a deal was about to be signed? Why all of a sudden sign up with Vocus NZ? What was the benefit of moving at the last minute? Did Vocus NZ offer a huge "carrot", if so why? Is there something else they're not telling us about this agreement? It seems odd there was no announcement to the market regarding the details of this commercial deal.

2) Why is the Vocus NZ IPO getting delayed again. Why doesn't the scheme of arrangement just exclude Vocus NZ? Why not just wait for it to be sold off in a few weeks time? What's the rush in making a takeover now?

3) The NBR article talking about NZ consolidation as if someone slipped up and revealed there's a big plan out there. Consolidate with who? Seems odd that they would partner with Sky and do a big wholesale deal, than go out and talk to the media about "consolidation."

4) Sky TV not using available credit/cash to do a buy back or pay a dividend, when there's clearly enough liquidity to do so. What are they doing with their $200m credit line? Nothing is happening here it seems. Why the wait.

5) Sky broadband getting delayed again, and again. What's going on? How long does it take to sell a resell product.

6) Why would MIRA want Vocus NZ? I mean sure, if they got it cheap, maybe they would keep it but according to sources, a $700m IPO is planned, so why not just let it get flick off or flick it off themselves ASAP in a My Food Bag type IPO fire sale? Or is that their plan, but then why take the risk?

I really hope that Sky doesn't end up buying Vocus NZ off MIRA.

If MIRA had an brains, they would buy Sky and combined it with Vocus NZ and then refloat both of them together 5 years later. Or better yet just keep it and resell it all to Comcast or AT&T.

What ever happens, you would think the outcome would be positive for shareholders of Sky. How could it get worse from here.
    Yes Ogg...if the Vocus Group deemed that the best course of action to maximise value was to sell the NZ assets, why indeed would MIRA want to keep them?

Your last comment about taking out Sky and then relisting a few years later as a combined Sky-Vocus NZ entity is exactly what I would do if I was MIRA. If they could lift combined EBITDA to above $300M then they could prob IPO it for $3B+.

There would be a lot of interest from investors to buy it. They have been gagging for another telco to list for a while...this would be a super telco.

That would give MIRA most of their money back and they would still hold the valuable Australian assets.

Bowman just bought shares so nothing happening now. But, as with many takeover theories, this one isn’t completely ridiculous.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 11-03-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes Ogg...if the Vocus Group deemed that the best course of action to maximise value was to sell the NZ assets, why indeed would MIRA want to keep them?

Your last comment about taking out Sky and then relisting a few years later as a combined Sky-Vocus NZ entity is exactly what I would do if I was MIRA. If they could lift combined EBITDA to above $300M then they could prob IPO it for $3B+.

There would be a lot of interest from investors to buy it. They have been gagging for another telco to list for a while...this would be a super telco.

That would give MIRA most of their money back and they would still hold the valuable Australian assets.

Bowman just bought shares so nothing happening now. But, as with many takeover theories, this one isn’t completely ridiculous.
    I wouldn't be surprised if 2 degrees was the preferred takeover target instead of Sky for a telco play by Vocus. I don't really see the synergies between Vocus and a content focused player like Sky, whereas the benefits of adding a mobile network to VocusNZ operations is an obvious move (especially with Spark & Vodafone amping up their Fixed Wireless Broadband plays)
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 11-03-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if 2 degrees was the preferred takeover target instead of Sky for a telco play by Vocus. I don't really see the synergies between Vocus and a content focused player like Sky, whereas the benefits of adding a mobile network to VocusNZ operations is an obvious move (especially with Spark & Vodafone amping up their Fixed Wireless Broadband plays)
    Yeah good point.

2 degrees and Vocus would make more sense.

Having said that, it still makes sense to bolt on Sky to target their customers and combined overheads/expenses. Throw Trustpower in the mix and you would have yourself a pretty decent setup, one that could take on the two majors (Spark and Vodafone).

Everyday that goes by without these companies merging is money down the drain.

Advanced Member

There is also of course a potential Vocus & Vodafone NZ tie-up, but that would probably be harder to get past regulators.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    There is also of course a potential Vocus & Vodafone NZ tie-up, but that would probably be harder to get past regulators.
    There's no way that would get through.

If so Vodafone would have already made a play before the IPO was announced.

Advanced Member

The more I think about a 2degrees, Vocus NZ, and Sky mega merger the more it makes sense.

Comcast (owner of Sky UK, NBC, Xfinity) would be the perfect buyer. It has the content to make it all work.