sharetrader
Page 76 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980861261765761076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Gosh, that's really crawling on four legs for new business. Sure to upset current subscribers....
    Current subs have been upset for several years already and people still have SKY

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Current subs have been upset for several years already and people still have SKY
    That is true but what is also true is that they now have a lot of lapsed subscribers - who handed back their decoders and MySky boxes and haven't come back... some of them were using the FanPass but a lot have simply vanished over the horizon for SKT and haven't been seen since... the question is what does SKT do - does it try to get them back... does it keep playing whack-a-mole with KODI box sellers and users... or does it change its model?

Or does it simply sit on its hands and watch the slow decline and continue milking the cash cow?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Latest sign-up program for Sky TV in Hamilton. Sky Basic + Sky Sports (incl BeIn Sports channels) + MySky box + Installation (if needed) = $9pw.

Smacks of desperation to me

But what a perfect way to infuriate existing subscribers
    Right time to give up SKY and get the Mrs to sign up. Just stupid from SKY if they are going about it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Latest sign-up program for Sky TV in Hamilton. Sky Basic + Sky Sports (incl BeIn Sports channels) + MySky box + Installation (if needed) = $9pw.

Smacks of desperation to me

But what a perfect way to infuriate existing subscribers
    That deal has been running for over a year now. We (re)signed up on it mid last year.

$36 per month !!!!! for Mysky ?? only got soho channel more and I pay over $100
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

They are doing everything they can do boost sub numbers for the Lions tour and improve profitability. Although this might work for the next year, they really are playing a short term game. They always rely on big sporting events to keep subs and subscriber's but theyre going to run out of gas if they continue to piss people off.

Does Sky ever report an NPS score for customer satisfaction? I wouldn't be surprised if it scored lower than Wilson carparking.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    $36 per month !!!!! for Mysky ?? only got soho channel more and I pay over $100
    Ever hoping that your be hooked and keep it a small price to pay to get a long term customer.

Anyway be returning my sky next mth after must be 15yrs odd? dont need it anymore really only used it for cnbc, news, movies but most this is all available free now so whats the point bye bye sky but guess my pocket will be much happier
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    They are doing everything they can do boost sub numbers for the Lions tour and improve profitability. Although this might work for the next year, they really are playing a short term game. They always rely on big sporting events to keep subs and subscriber's but theyre going to run out of gas if they continue to piss people off.

Does Sky ever report an NPS score for customer satisfaction? I wouldn't be surprised if it scored lower than Wilson carparking.
    Given the question for NPS is:
    How likely is it that you would recommend [brand] to a friend or colleague?

I'd be surprised if the NPS score was actually positive.. as it would suggest that promoters were outweighed by detractors... on the other hand, if the customers who are still on the service are blindly loyal then they might still have a positive score. It would be the lapsed customers who'd be detractors....

Imagine a business that made $100m profit per year and that was declining year on year by 10%. The cost to fix this business might be to settle on a profit that might be $50m profit per year... which would still not guarantee the success of the business but perhaps allow it to find new areas to grow and stop the rot.

As a CEO, what do you do? to write off so much profit in one year would be a huge brave call but maybe the best call for the long term health of the company.

The easier option is to milk it for the next 4 years, build up your cash reserves and see what unfolds. It appears to be the road Sky is on now. Their share price down trend tells it all. Wonder where it will end?

Perhaps it needs to be taken over by a large multi national not already in the NZ market so they can make the structural changes that Sky cannot make while still being listed.