sharetrader
Page 766 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2666667167567627637647657667677687697707768168661266 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,660 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    "operational"
    What does that even mean? Fusion power is operational as well.

"Hey Bob, did you hear fusion power is
    operational."

"Wow, really? That sounds great!"

"Yeah, you can pre order now by paying a $999 deposit"

"Great, I can't wait, sign me up"

20 years later...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    What does that even mean? Fusion power is operational as well.

"Hey Bob, did you hear fusion power is
    operational."

"Wow, really? That sounds great!"

"Yeah, you can pre order now by paying a $999 deposit"

"Great, I can't wait, sign me up"

20 years later...

Operational means operational. It has tens of thousands of users getting 200mbps speeds already in the beta program, with 1300 satellites already in orbit.

Guru

Look guys, sky will soon be offering broadband via the Vocus partnership as well as via satellite to our rural customers.

The sooner you accept that The Hunted will soon become The Hunter the better.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    in the beta program

Guru

Sky UK (Comcast) just got beaten in a major rights bid by DAZN.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ource=url_link

Guru

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience...

So I have been using NEON and Sky Sport NOW (previously FANPASS) since 2017 when I moved into a new fibre-only suburb. Both products stream in HD quality.

I have watched both services using Apple TV (4K) and Vodafone TV. My television is UHD capable.

I had my Sky Box installed on Friday and no longer have the streaming services.
    The HD picture quality I am getting with my Sky Box is SIGNIFICANTLY better than I was getting with the streaming services. The difference in definition and picture quality was so much that I was actually shocked.

Has anyone else has this experience? And why would this be the case?

It just seems to me that the Sky Box is a much better product than the streaming services, especially given you get Sky GO and can also log into the Sky TV guide (which makes it easier to find shows and set them to record).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

So I have been using NEON and Sky Sport NOW (previously FANPASS) since 2017 when I moved into a new fibre-only suburb. Both products stream in HD quality.

I have watched both services using Apple TV (4K) and Vodafone TV. My television is UHD capable.

The HD picture quality I am getting with my Sky Box is SIGNIFICANTLY better than I was getting with the streaming services. The difference in definition and picture quality was so much that I was actually shocked.

It just seems to me that the Sky Box is a much better product than the streaming services, especially given you get Sky GO and can also log into the Sky TV guide (which makes it easier to find shows and set them to record).
    It's all explained on geekzone.

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=106

The short answer is that with streaming the provider doesn't know what device the end user has, it's configuration, or the internet connection it's running on.

With a Sky box it's the same device, with the same firmware, running through the same medium.

With streaming, the provider sends you the best feed it thinks your system can handle. It's normally not the maximum in order to ensure performance.

This is why old people can't be arsed with streaming and just stick with what works.

Guru

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.as...topicid=280087

MikeB4 pretty much sums up my experience with and views on Vodafone TV.

MySky is just fundamentally better. UI might be a little ‘old school’ but the box is feature rich and it just f*cken works.

Advanced Member

Yes, I've commented previously that Satellite is much better than streaming. Especially for faster moving things like tennis and cricket. Saw the same thing with SPARK and the RWC.

Advanced Member

just f*cken works.