sharetrader
Page 769 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597657667677687697707717727737798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,690 of 14175
    Guru

Some shenanigans going on with the Discovery share price. Might delay them a wee bit ?

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/quote/D....tsrc=fin-srch

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/ar...093244916.html

Advanced Member

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...an-be-salvaged

I expect a report on this by 2:30pm MisaTea!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...an-be-salvaged

I expect a report on this by 2:30pm MisaTea!
    The deal will happen because NZR need the money. SL will own a piece of Sky...

I'm a little confused with Silver Lake and their deal with NZR. Overall what impact could this have with Sky both positive and negative? The sporting world is confusing and yet I am a Sky holder lol.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    I'm a little confused with Silver Lake and their deal with NZR. Overall what impact could this have with Sky both positive and negative? The sporting world is confusing and yet I am a Sky holder lol.
    Just think of it as NZRU getting partially taken over.

Sky will be fine as long as the same thing happens.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    The deal will happen because NZR need the money. SL will own a piece of Sky...
    I thought the deal was effectively a piece of the commercial arm of NZR. So next time that sky bids for the NZR broadcast rights, it will be from this entity that SL will own 15% of. (it would also mean that if SL itself, or a partner of it, wants to bid for the broadcast rights, it will effectively get a 15% discount on any offer)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I thought the deal was effectively a piece of the commercial arm of NZR.
    Ah yes, that is correct.

SL will want to maximise their return on investment. But NZRU also want to maximise their return (with or without a new business partner). So I am not sure anything changes there.

If a future deal with Sky/RugbyPass maximises the ROI (and also ensure maximum viewership, particularly in NZ where the Provincial areas for a huge base of fans) then this move is no threat to Sky.

If cutting Sky/RP out maximises ROI, and 'everyone' is streaming (or has the capability to stream) then it could well be the end of the road for Sky. Or if Spark Sport is still around and they make an offer that can't be refused, same result.

At this junction I think it is hard to know whether SL buying in is good, bad or indifferent. Time will tell.

If the current RP deals are successful it will be a big tick in the box for Sky though. This platform has a huge amount of potential, and if Sky is able to nurture the product it could change everything for Sky in terms of how big they could become.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Ah yes, that is correct.

SL will want to maximise their return on investment. But NZRU also want to maximise their return (with or without a new business partner). So I am not sure anything changes there.

If a future deal with Sky/RugbyPass maximises the ROI (and also ensure maximum viewership, particularly in NZ where the Provincial areas for a huge base of fans) then this move is no threat to Sky.

If cutting Sky/RP out maximises ROI, and 'everyone' is streaming (or has the capability to stream) then it could well be the end of the road for Sky. Or if Spark Sport is still around and they make an offer that can't be refused, same result.

At this junction I think it is hard to know whether SL buying in is good, bad or indifferent. Time will tell.

If the current RP deals are successful it will be a big tick in the box for Sky though. This platform has a huge amount of potential, and if Sky is able to nurture the product it could change everything for Sky in terms of how big they could become.
    It does open up the possibility of Sky also potentially becoming an investor in this entity, and/or spark or TVNZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    It does open up the possibility of Sky also potentially becoming an investor in this entity, and/or spark or TVNZ.
    The new company is valued at an implied value of NZ$3.1B.

Sky won’t be buying Jack sh1t.

Guru

To celebrate the repayment of the $100M bonds I put in an order for another 60K shares...