sharetrader
Page 774 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2746747247647707717727737747757767777787848248741274 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    dont worry he will just post on pushpay more often , aye ogg?
    ABP. Always be posting.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    These multi-year deals are so lame. Not even price sensitive. Just buy the company!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    ABP. Always be posting.

These multi-year deals are so lame. Not even price sensitive. Just buy the company!

Content is critical for Sky, having closed these new multi-year deals with ViacomCBS & NBCuniversal validates Skys entertainment offerings (including Neon) as minimum viable quality offerings for at least a few more years. If they manage to somehow secure a new deal with WarnerMedia (WB/HBO) that would be amazing, but not holding my breath on that one.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Content is critical for Sky, having closed these new multi-year deals with ViacomCBS & NBCuniversal validates Skys entertainment offerings (including Neon) as minimum viable quality offerings for at least a few more years. If they manage to somehow secure a new deal with WarnerMedia (WB/HBO) that would be amazing, but not holding my breath on that one.
    My worse nightmare: Sky paying dividends and me having to pay tax on them.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    My worse nightmare: Sky paying dividends and me having to pay tax on them.

Not sure that would qualify as my WORST nightmare. My worst nightmare would be waking up one day to find that my knob had fallen off or something.

BUT, I agree that dividends are not a preferable way to return capital to shareholders when the SP is in the toilet! Buybacks please!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Not sure that would qualify as my WORST nightmare. My worst nightmare would be waking up one day to find that my knob had fallen off or something.

BUT, I agree that dividends are not a preferable way to return capital to shareholders when the SP is in the toilet! Buybacks please!
    Part of me wanted Sky to roll over that $100 million debt and embark on a large share buyback program. Could have gobbled up one third of the outstanding share count with that amount.

Banned

I'd much rather see them use the cash to launch "Sky Power" or "Sky Mobile" than buy out all the non-believers.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Buybacks please!
    Doing a buyback less than 12 months after doing a massive placement that cost $10m in fees!

Time to call in the strategic advisors so we can put a price on this puppy.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    I'd much rather see them use the cash to launch "Sky Power" or "Sky Mobile" than buy out all the non-believers.
    Who are the all believers? You, Mistatea, Blackcrane and a couple of other peps here?

90% of the shareholders have been hit by the bus which is then fallen underwater trapping all the bodies. There's no escape!

Sky is the most hated company in public and on the NZX.

CEO just up and bailed.

There's no insto support.

A takeover is the only way to salvage what's left of the value. There's a good chance a bidding war could happen.

When 2025 rolls around there's going to be mega uncertainty.

Covid is over. Market confidence is back. Time to sell. It will take 12 months to close a deal like this. Time is money! Inflation is creeping up.

Another 25mill shares just traded hands.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Another 25mill shares just traded hands.
    I'm getting sick of this mysterious buyer.

Just chuck in another $500m and be done with it.