sharetrader
Page 786 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2866867367767827837847857867877887897907968368861286 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems Spark going to stream that big cricket final in England ...everybody assumed Sky would have that
    The contract is with NZ cricket so every game involving the Black Caps will be streaming on Spark Sport for another 5 years.
    Last edited by silu; 15-04-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    The contract is with NZ cricket so every game involving the Black Caps will be streaming on Spark Sport for another 5 years.
    Not true.

Spark Sport have a contract with NZ Cricket for the domestic BC matches only.

Sky have international cricket rights which will include BC’s when they play abroad.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Not true.

Spark Sport have a contract with NZ Cricket for the domestic BC matches only.

Sky have international cricket rights which will include BC’s when they play abroad.
    ah ok I misread the press release. Spark Sport is advertising the 2 Tests in England though.
    Last edited by silu; 15-04-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Advanced Member

I think its somewhere in the middle - Sky have right to the ICC tournaments, and have a lot of rights deals with individual nations, but it's not an all encompassing single rights deal for all international cricket shown in NZ, and even the individual country deals aren't for all games, which is why Spark is able to compete when new rights are offered (like apparently the NZ tour vs England in June).

Edit: ok so it appears Spark got the rights to England cricket for 4 years.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 15-04-2021 at 10:35 PM.

The world test final NZ v India in June not on Sky's scheduled programs

Every other test (England, Sri Lanka etc) being played on schedule
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

NEON is increasing their monthly subscription to $15.99

A bit disappointed with the service. Won't let me play any movies on my TV app (lets me watch all the trailers though lol). Won't let me cast to Chromecast from my iphone. Need to keep using my laptop to cast which is a pain.

Went online last Sunday to report the issue and the person chatting with me said that he could not see any of messages lol... Then he emailed me and asked me more details, sent a follow up message on Wednesday and still nothing. Might just go back to Netflix

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    NEON is increasing their monthly subscription to $15.99

A bit disappointed with the service. Won't let me play any movies on my TV app (lets me watch all the trailers though lol). Won't let me cast to Chromecast from my iphone. Need to keep using my laptop to cast which is a pain.

Went online last Sunday to report the issue and the person chatting with me said that he could not see any of messages lol... Then he emailed me and asked me more details, sent a follow up message on Wednesday and still nothing. Might just go back to Netflix
    About time the subscription fee started to increase - $13.95/month ($9.99 if you get it through Spark) is ridiculously low for the range of quality stuff they put on there. They could gradually lift it to $18.99 per month and still be good value relative to other services like NETFLIX.

For every 10K of direct subs, this extra $2.04/month charge will raise ~$245K of revenue. The bulk of which will hit the bottom line. I wonder how long the current Spark contract goes before those fees can be lifted too.

As for your personal experience with NEON clown...that is a damn shame. The new app has been very good in my experience - especially with Chromecast. You sure this isn't user error mate?

As for your personal experience with NEON clown...that is a damn shame. The new app has been very good in my experience - especially with Chromecast. You sure this isn't user error mate?
    Haha.. I just jumped back on to their website to see if I've missed any steps regarding casting and I've done nothing wrong. I use my phone to cast Youtube with no issues. I was able to use the TV app for a while until last Saturday, it just keeps saying "failed to play, try again later"

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...3TIX5HRD26TUE/

Gotta love the Headline - Sky hikes NEON by 15%!!!

Why not use the less inflammatory Headline of "Sky increases NEON by only 6.67c per day"?

If you are a direct customer and take an Annual pass of $159.99 that works out to $13.33 per month (a decrease of 62c a month).

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...3TIX5HRD26TUE/

Gotta love the Headline - Sky hikes NEON by 15%!!!

Why not use the less inflammatory Headline of "Sky increases NEON by only 6.67c per day"?

If you are a direct customer and take an Annual pass of $159.99 that works out to $13.33 per month (a decrease of 62c a month).
    I wouldn't expect anything more from that Chris Keall guy.