sharetrader
Page 788 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2886887387787847857867877887897907917927988388881288 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Further to last post, this was just released by Comcom.

FibreMax is going to become the new minimum standard.
    Do you have a link for that media release? The only one I can find on the ComCom site is related to performance testing the FireMax plan, and the image you've posted is some sort of plan ranking list from what I can make out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Do you have a link for that media release? The only one I can find on the ComCom site is related to performance testing the FireMax plan, and the image you've posted is some sort of plan ranking list from what I can make out.
    I got it from a LinkedIn post from Chorus...

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/spa...PJZPUAR4DIPCU/

No surprise here - Spark Sport will be going for NRL when the rights are up for negotiation. Sky have the rights to broadcast it this year and next year...but formal negotiations will begin at some point next year for the 2023-2027 rights.
    This is definitely one that Sky will fight hard to keep - it is a great complement to the rugby offering. Of course, nothing is worth an infinite price...so if Spark are prepared to pay way over the odds then there is a very real chance that Sky will lose them.

I am not sure if Sky have a first right to negotiate like they had with NZR.

Spark Sport want a big ticket item to cover their sporting calendar over the winter months. So if they are not able to get NRL then they have to wait to 2024 to have a crack at the Netball and 2025 for NZR.

I tend to agree with Jeff Latch that Spark Sport has been good for consumers...to a certain extent.

Remember FANPASS before Spark Sport launched? Only 4 Sky Sport channels...and Sky charged $99/month for a no-contract sub or $55/month (I think!) if you agreed to a 12 month contract. The app was ****e, and it was priced in a way to strongly encourage you to take a satellite sub you might not really want.

Enter Spark Sport and Sky had to pull their socks up...and quickly. Sky Sport NOW is a very good app so far as live sport streaming goes. All Sky Sport channels and a huge range of Highlights and other On Demand content.
    No contract is $39.99/month...but if you take an Annual Pass that works out to $33.25/month. That is only about $8/month (26c/day) more than Spark Sport (if you are not a Spark broadband or mobile customer). That 26c/day extra is a pittance when you consider just how much more top tier sport Sky still has compared to Spark.

And the $49.99/month deal for Spark customers to get a Spark Sport/Sky Sport NOW bundle has shown the two companies can work together and keep costs down for some customers.
    Sky should be able to offer the same deal to their customers.

Anyway, far from Jarden's prediction that Spark are going to throw in the towel with regards to Spark Sport...they are very much here to stay. Will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Spark and Sky already have deals for NEON and SS/SPN...perhaps there will be further opportunities to build from here. It will not serve either company to slug it out each time rights come up and force each other to overpay.

Advanced Member

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/spa...PJZPUAR4DIPCU/

No surprise here - Spark Sport will be going for NRL when the rights are up for negotiation. Sky have the rights to broadcast it this year and next year...but formal negotiations will begin at some point next year for the 2023-2027 rights.
    This is definitely one that Sky will fight hard to keep - it is a great complement to the rugby offering. Of course, nothing is worth an infinite price...so if Spark are prepared to pay way over the odds then there is a very real chance that Sky will lose them.

I am not sure if Sky have a first right to negotiate like they had with NZR.

Spark Sport want a big ticket item to cover their sporting calendar over the winter months. So if they are not able to get NRL then they have to wait to 2024 to have a crack at the Netball and 2025 for NZR.

I tend to agree with Jeff Latch that Spark Sport has been good for consumers...to a certain extent.

Remember FANPASS before Spark Sport launched? Only 4 Sky Sport channels...and Sky charged $99/month for a no-contract sub or $55/month (I think!) if you agreed to a 12 month contract. The app was ****e, and it was priced in a way to strongly encourage you to take a satellite sub you might not really want.

Enter Spark Sport and Sky had to pull their socks up...and quickly. Sky Sport NOW is a very good app so far as live sport streaming goes. All Sky Sport channels and a huge range of Highlights and other On Demand content.
    No contract is $39.99/month...but if you take an Annual Pass that works out to $33.25/month. That is only about $8/month (26c/day) more than Spark Sport (if you are not a Spark broadband or mobile customer). That 26c/day extra is a pittance when you consider just how much more top tier sport Sky still has compared to Spark.

And the $49.99/month deal for Spark customers to get a Spark Sport/Sky Sport NOW bundle has shown the two companies can work together and keep costs down for some customers.
    Sky should be able to offer the same deal to their customers.

Anyway, far from Jarden's prediction that Spark are going to throw in the towel with regards to Spark Sport...they are very much here to stay. Will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Spark and Sky already have deals for NEON and SS/SPN...perhaps there will be further opportunities to build from here. It will not serve either company to slug it out each time rights come up and force each other to overpay.
    Spark Sport is dead bro!

My old man canceled his subscription after the Cricket.

They can't make money at $20 per month. Costs are too high!

“Spark Sport” is currently a division of Spark New Zealand Trading Limited

Why do you think Spark are creating separate companies?

It's so they can spin it off and sell it like what they did with Lightbox!

Gone by Christmas, you read it here first!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Spark Sport is dead bro!

My old man canceled his subscription after the Cricket.

They can't make money at $20 per month. Costs are too high!

“Spark Sport” is currently a division of Spark New Zealand Trading Limited

Why do you think Spark are creating separate companies?

It's so they can spin it off and sell it like what they did with Lightbox!

LOL, well Jeff has got b@lls doing an interview like that discussing the big plans Spark have for the future of the platform if they are in the process of getting rid of it!

Advanced Member

LOL, well Jeff has got b@lls doing an interview like that discussing the big plans Spark have for the future of the platform if they are in the process of getting rid of it!
    Just lol at believing all that bull sh!t...

Here's an article a few months before Lightbox was sold:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...GOKEJBVISADFA/

• "Lightbox's continued success"
    • "Spark looking for partner to grow Lightbox"
    • "Industry insiders suggest a tie-up with Disney, Sony"

Success? Looks for Partner? Deal with major studio?...

Ends up flogging it off to Sky instead

Guru

I don't subscribe to that...but I found this on Sky's website.

https://www.sky.co.nz/-/delivering-t...rt-experiences

Smart move to deepen the relationship with sport partners. The size of the cheque for the rights is important...but helping them in a meaningful way to grow the games at grass root level is important for long term survival.

Last weekend they launched an app for Sky Stadium I believe whereby fans could tune in to hear the sports commentators if they wanted to. Not sure how it went nor how popular it was among fans in that setting...but it is a neat idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

It's so they can spin it off and sell it like what they did with Lightbox![/SIZE][/COLOR]

That was always my assumption given these entities emerged from Spark Ventures, whose stated goal was to become an incubation centre for new ideas. No surprises here.

Advanced Member

Takeover alert #999999999999

Infratil Ar Limited

Acquisition Rugby?...