sharetrader
Page 789 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2896897397797857867877887897907917927937998398891289 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Takeover alert #999999999999

Infratil Ar Limited

Acquisition Rugby?...

IFT were very close to buying Sky but then they came on ST and read all of your comments over the years about what a piece of sh1te SNT is and decided to keep their cash.

I appreciate that I have a low IQ...but i struggle to understand how you can think Sky is a crappy company with a very bleak future AND that someone would want to pay hundreds of millions to acquire it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    IFT were very close to buying Sky but then they came on ST and read all of your comments over the years about what a piece of sh1te SNT is and decided to keep their cash.

I appreciate that I have a low IQ...but i struggle to understand how you can think Sky is a crappy company with a very bleak future AND that someone would want to pay hundreds of millions to acquire it.
    We've been over this before...

Infratil bought "Shell New Zealand", which is a crappy company because the fossil fuels industry is dead. But Infratil bought Shell and repackaging it as "Z Energy" and made half a billion dollars profit.

It's simple, you buy Sky which is dead, repackage it with Vodafone which is dead, give it a new name, then resell it again for $$$$.

Guru

Infratil bought "Shell New Zealand", which is a crappy company because the fossil fuels industry is dead. But Infratil bought Shell and repackaging it as "Z Energy" and made half a billion dollars profit.
    LOLLLL. Yeah, so our entire lives as we live them today are entirely dependent on fossil fuels. I would be more worried about running out of oil than what happens if we burn all of the known discoveries.

Veteran novice

Being pedantic, but I think that IFT bought Shell's downstream (retail) business, not Shell NZ, the company.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Being pedantic, but I think that IFT bought Shell's downstream (retail) business, not Shell NZ, the company.

Yes, you're right, and it's an important distinction given the other businesses that Shell NZ were involved in e.g. the O&G sector. I do however get what Ogg was meaning.

Legend

It's simple, you buy Sky which is dead, repackage it with Vodafone which is dead, give it a new name, then resell it again for $$$$.

My choice of a new name & accompanying new four letter high value domain name must be worth at least a cool billion $ for the
    said purpose then ..

I might have to remember to renew the domain that so many others had their eye on .. but missed out on ..
    Last edited by nztx; 22-04-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Lots of friends in their mid-20s changing over to Neon, all tired of Netflix, myself included.

Some real serial tv watchers also.
    Neon has serious binge-worthy stuff. I'm currently on Breaking bad and will look forward to chewing through game of thrones again this winter.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Lots of friends in their mid-20s changing over to Neon, all tired of Netflix, myself included.

Some real serial tv watchers also.
    Neon has serious binge-worthy stuff. I'm currently on Breaking bad and will look forward to chewing through game of thrones again this winter.
    I only have NEON for 3 months for free as Spark gave me an offer but I do have to say that the combined beast of Lightbox+Neon is a completely different beast. For once (especially compared to Netflix) it actually has proper blockbuster movies you want to watch with your family even if they are a bit older. The original Netflix movies on offer have been almost to a fault bad and unwatchable. Shows again that you can't just throw money at movie production and then have people get out the scripts no Studios wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I only have NEON for 3 months for free as Spark gave me an offer but I do have to say that the combined beast of Lightbox+Neon is a completely different beast. For once (especially compared to Netflix) it actually has proper blockbuster movies you want to watch with your family even if they are a bit older. The original Netflix movies on offer have been almost to a fault bad and unwatchable. Shows again that you can't just throw money at movie production and then have people get out the scripts no Studios wanted.
    Most of the Netflix "movies" are terrible, but try telling that to a Netflix shrill, they'll just call you "low IQ" and "too stupid to understand what a good movie is" etc....... first hand experience.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Most of the Netflix "movies" are terrible, but try telling that to a Netflix shrill, they'll just call you "low IQ" and "too stupid to understand what a good movie is" etc....... first hand experience.
    The only Netflix movie I ever loved was Annihilation. But then I'm a movie snob who doesn't understand why Adam Sandler or Melissa McCarthy movies are so popular.