sharetrader
Page 796 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867927937947957967977987998008068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 14173

Yeah, I don't see how this is bad news, Sophie is trying to create a new image for Sky. Maybe the fresh air, SKT needs.

Advanced Member

Today's announcement:

ComCom bait for the upcoming takeover.

• Sell 2/3 of office space.
    • Cull management team.
    • Deny monopoly
    • 7+ weeks since last director purchase.
    • No dividends, buybacks or acquisitions.

"Investor Day":

"We're earning 1% interests on the cash we hold"

"We're buying back shares at 17c after issuing millions of shares at 12c"

"Introducing our crappy new Sky box"

"Announcing our new channel with more repeats of shows you've already seen"

₵₵₵₵₵₵₵₵₵

"Takeover Day":

30c+ cash per share, tax free, risk free, instant gains, no waiting, no Bull sh!t.

$$$$$$

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Today's announcement:

ComCom bait for the upcoming takeover.

• Sell 2/3 of office space.
    • Cull management team.
    • Deny monopoly
    • 7+ weeks since last director purchase.
    • No dividends, buybacks or acquisitions.

"Investor Day":

"We're earning 1% interests on the cash we hold"

"We're buying back shares at 17c after issuing millions of shares at 12c"

"Introducing our crappy new Sky box"

"Announcing our new channel with more repeats of shows you've already seen"

₵₵₵₵₵₵₵₵₵

"Takeover Day":

30c+ cash per share, tax free, risk free, instant gains, no waiting, no Bull sh!t.

$$$$$$
    So....are we going to the investor day mate? So we can listen to all of their crappy plans that have absolutely no chance of working in any way, shape or form?

Guru

Just adding NEON back today via my Spark account given A Handmaid's Tale streams tonight (exclusive to NEON, not available as part of my Sky Box package).

I wondered if the Spark-NEON pricing would change too, given the recent price increase.

Currently $9.95/month but I just confirmed that from 01 June it will go up to $11.99/month.

As at the last results there were 352K streaming customers. About 41k of these were Vodafone TV 'reseller customers' (an embarrassing figure for Vodafone btw, poor design has made many Sky customers regret ditching MySky for VTV - they would rather pay the $15/month MySky fee and have a STB that does what they need it to do. VTV does have some cool features like 3 Day catch up, but overall it is pretty cr@ppy - and that is reflected in the low subscription numbers. Was a great idea, but poorly executed. No wonder IFT don't want a bar of Sky!!).

ANYWAY, I digress!

That leaves 311K streaming customers across NEON, Sky Sport NOW and RP. RP subs would have been negligible at the HY results, and I think it is fair to say that NEON is the most popular service and probably accounts for 80% of the total.

So that would be ~250K subs. Not bad at all! Those 250K are split between direct customers and Spark customers. But in both cases, the price of the sub us going up by about $2/month. 17 May for direct customers, and 1 June for Spark customers.

Sky have offered to effectively hold the price if a customer takes an annual sub for $159.99/year (a slight reduction in price to $13.33/month).

Let's be generous and assume 50K take the AP, so only 200K are impacted by the $2/month increase. And let us assume that there is not a mass exodus at as NEON is still priced in a way that represents value relative to other services like NETFLIX...

Well, 200K subs x $2/month * 12 months = ~5M extra revenue for year. That is not much relative to Sky's total revenue, but consider that the majority of that will go to the bottom line. Say, about 3.5M - which would represent a profit increase of 8-9% on what is projected for the next FY results. Obviously these additional earnings will only show up in FY22, but it shows that as the streaming base continues to increase...small tweaks and changes can start to have large impacts on Sky's underlying earnings.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/trustpow...etail-arm-sale

Maybe Sky can buy the retail arm of Trustpower!

I can see the new motto now!

"SKY POWER! - a damn sight friendlier than BLACK POWER! AHHH HU HU HU HU HU!"

sick of the SP yoyoing, if I weren't in this for the potential dividend next yr I'd have cashed in already

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    if I weren't in this for the potential dividend next yr I'd have cashed in already

Message deleted.
    Last edited by airedale; 29-04-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Message deleted.
    because the Cracker Factory shift starts at 6am...

Mt gambling away his hard earned.

Ah, that explains it. Crackers and cheese go well.