sharetrader
Page 82 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586921321825821082 ... LastLast
    Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    I've got an idea - how about they buy a telco?
    That was a stupid move, fix a problem business with a problem business

Hammer Time lol

poor result with reduced div my under 3 looking good and lower

funny to read the commentary, that they still dont get there fundamental problem is price , they can ramble on all they like about there product but if its overpriced they will always lose.
    Last edited by bull....; 22-08-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

solid results much better than expected. net profit 116m better MoriningStar 98m and 4-traders 108m,cashflow is massive.
    Last edited by Master98; 22-08-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Guru

Disappointed with the reduction in divvy - especially with that cashflow.

As much as I dislike SKY and think they need new leadership and vision, even with the current management it's starting to look reasonable value. Current under $3 if you factor in divvy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    As much as I dislike SKY and think they need new leadership and vision, even with the current management it's starting to look reasonable value. Current under $3 if you factor in divvy.
    Sky TV is a sinking ship unless they start to get smarter about online streaming. It has been the same for ESPN and Disney. ESPN have been hemorrhaging subscribers for years and DIS.NYSE have felt the impact of that - disney's recent move to focus on online streaming was the only smart thing they could do (other than split ESPN off into a wholly separate company).

NEON (Sky's online service) is overpriced and under-catalogued. Game of Thrones is the only reason I login for a 'Free trial' every year...

It makes me chuckle that John Fellet thinks his biggest competition is piracy when Netflix, Lightbox and other subscription platforms like Amazon are the things they should be worried about most. It also wouldn't give me confidence that Fellet laments the Commerce Commissions decision not to let the merger happen and then not wanting to get into the details of why it would be a good thing. Pretty much, everything is not Sky's fault..

Some of the result here is being cushioned remember by a one off event that happens every 12 years (Lions tests). I have a feeling the numbers would have been much worse without it. Still impressive cash flow, and to make net profit off that revenue in the industry they are in is not terrible. Time is running out for them however.

Disc: Not a holder

Better than I expected. Still no interested even with dividend. You'll never get your capital back.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    It makes me chuckle that John Fellet thinks his biggest competition is piracy when Netflix, Lightbox and other subscription platforms like Amazon are the things they should be worried about most. It also wouldn't give me confidence that Fellet laments the Commerce Commissions decision not to let the merger happen and then not wanting to get into the details of why it would be a good thing. Pretty much, everything is not Sky's fault..

Some of the result here is being cushioned remember by a one off event that happens every 12 years (Lions tests). I have a feeling the numbers would have been much worse without it. Still impressive cash flow, and to make net profit off that revenue in the industry they are in is not terrible. Time is running out for them however.

Disc: Not a holder
    Their other competitor is simply the internet in general - people are happy to while away a few hours on Facebook, or YouTube or surfing nested hyperlinks to conspiracy theories.

I don't agree with Fellet that they should pair back on the deals for new customers & reducing their content spend on the basis that customers will be attracted & retained due to the new software release and their utilisation of big data. IMO, fresh blood at the top is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    They should pair back on the deals for new customers & reducing their content spend on the basis that customers will be attracted & retained due to the new software release and their utilisation of big data
    Did he actually he say that? LOL. Because they've done such an amazing job so far. My SKY box takes 5 seconds to do anything (ie change channel) after a button press because it's so old and the "new software" is slowing it down so much already. So exactly what more are they gonna be able to do with it that won't brick it? I already feel like throwing it out the window half the time.