sharetrader
Page 83 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687931331835831083 ... LastLast
    Handsome Member

The future of this company will be a major acquisition IMO, their current business is dying and they have a large bank balance. They need something to complement their cash flow and retain customers. I think Power, Insurance or BB. There are ways around the commerce commission rulings if they pull sports out of the business which would allow them to get the Telco option back one. The Telco is my least favorite option though.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    The future of this company will be a major acquisition IMO, their current business is dying and they have a large bank balance. They need something to complement their cash flow and retain customers. I think Power, Insurance or BB. There are ways around the commerce commission rulings if they pull sports out of the business which would allow them to get the Telco option back one. The Telco is my least favorite option though.
    i dont think they have any options they are a dinosaur , need to save all there money for all blacks rights so dont think they will be doing any aquisitions the only thing they will continue to do i reckon is milk all you for as much as they can
    one step ahead of the herd

Interesting listening to the Radiosport talkback last night.
    Alot of disgruntled Sky Sport customers who feel they aren't getting value for money.
    A few callers were saying they called Sky customer service to cancel their subscription, but the customer service reps offered them discounted $30/month deals to keep them on + free stuff like movies for 3 months.

Sky getting desperate to keep their loyal customers!

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Did he actually he say that? LOL. Because they've done such an amazing job so far. My SKY box takes 5 seconds to do anything (ie change channel) after a button press because it's so old and the "new software" is slowing it down so much already. So exactly what more are they gonna be able to do with it that won't brick it? I already feel like throwing it out the window half the time.
    Given the track record, it's hard to believe I know! - here's the quotes:

"Fellet confirmed there would be no price rise for Sky customers this year, but said he wanted to rein back "aggressive" discounts to new customers"

"Fellet said Sky planned to cut its content costs by 5 per cent in the year to June."

Regarding the decoder, our "next gen" decoder was actually pretty quick but a relative's older unit is exceptionally slow to the point of it being almost unusable. These older units should have been automatically replaced by Sky or not have received the new update(s).
    Last edited by Zaphod; 23-08-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Interesting listening to the Radiosport talkback last night.
    Alot of disgruntled Sky Sport customers who feel they aren't getting value for money.
    A few callers were saying they called Sky customer service to cancel their subscription, but the customer service reps offered them discounted $30/month deals to keep them on + free stuff like movies for 3 months.

Sky getting desperate to keep their loyal customers!
    Thanks JayRiggs, I will do that myself and call them after the US Open tennis and see what they will offer me. $30 a month and I may be tempted to stay. Otherwise I will cancel and just get my partner to join when the cricket season starts again...

Officially under $3 now

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Officially under $3 now
    I hope no one here has shares in SKT ... I would've sold out of these years ago. They simply haven't kept up with the times and are offering an inferior product at a premium price.

Someone stop me from hitting the buy button!

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    blockbuster...
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Advanced Member

Default Half of millennials stream pirate content and see nothing wrong with it

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    https://betanews.com/2017/04/13/mill...irate-streams/