sharetrader
Page 85 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889951351855851085 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Winston Peter's appears to be going to hold the balance of power. One of his key desires is that key international sport events involving Kiwi's are screened free to air.
    Interesting behind the paywall article on NBR - Guts of it is extremely negative. Lot of talk that if you ring SKY up to cancel your subscription they offer you a special deal of $20 month to keep it. Desperation anyone ? This stock is facing systemic issues that ensure it is in structural long term decline.
    i cancelled a mth ago they offered us my sky half price to stay - i said no sick of being ripped off so no thanks - took them 15 yrs to offer me something.

anyway price is still overvalued i reckon on forward cashflows
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Will this be a buy consideration at $2.50?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Will this be a buy consideration at $2.50?
    Don't buy in a downtrend ......In my mind buying this is a bit like buying "Blockbuster" shares when netflix started up ... Now put a chart up of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Don't buy in a downtrend ......In my mind buying this is a bit like buying "Blockbuster" shares when netflix started up ... Now put a chart up of the two.
    Great point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Thank you.

My new mantra: downtrend, blockbuster, netflix, Om.

om
    əʊm,ɒm/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a mystic syllable, considered the most sacred mantra in Hinduism and Tibetan Buddhism. It appears at the beginning and end of most Sanskrit recitations, prayers, and texts.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i cancelled a mth ago they offered us my sky half price to stay - i said no sick of being ripped off so no thanks - took them 15 yrs to offer me something.

anyway price is still overvalued i reckon on forward cashflows
    I got back on the horse a while ago just as a little indulgence over the colder months and get basic, movies, Mysky+ and high definition for about $80 a month.
    The main channel I watch is CNBC the world's leading business channel. I think ~ $50 a month is a complete rip off for the basic part of the package but I think it just earns it keep for me in terms of keeping me abreast of international business matters.
    The movies at ~ $20 a month is probably reasonable but I object to paying another $10 a month for high definition which is really just standard definition these days, Ultra high definition is the new high definition in my opinion. I might spit the dummy with them as we get closer to summer and I get out and about more...

No way I'd own the shares even at $2.50.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-08-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

My thoughts on how Sky might become a bit more relevant again. Drop the basic package, make Fan Pass a fair price, and allow people to build their own plan online.

They've got good content... a turnaround is possible in the future but need to see some bold moves from the company.

Article: https://www.thestockpickerau.com/sin...-Letter-to-Sky

Johnny boy maybe trying to show the market his own confidence in the company by buying 150k worth of shares. Unfortunately, he's already down on his position by quite a bit. It comes off disingenuous really..

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Johnny boy maybe trying to show the market his own confidence in the company by buying 150k worth of shares. Unfortunately, he's already down on his position by quite a bit. It comes off disingenuous really..
    Confidence will come when people see the company making goods decisions. Throwing good money after bad isn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post

down more today not surprising a company that fails to move with the times only accentuates the problem
    one step ahead of the herd