sharetrader
Page 875 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3757758258658718728738748758768778788798859259751375 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 14173
    Guru

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann...peech.6120833/

I think Ogg would have given a more rousing speech than Bob!

After shareholders approve the deal today, final hurdle is getting the Supreme Court to rubber stamp it on Thursday 24 June. Just a formality I think.

And then...Voyage Australia Pty Ltd will journey to the Sky?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Ok, so what have I got wrong with this?
    Coming on this forum with cold, hard facts and figures instead of wild conspiracy theories. That's what you got wrong mate.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It is a little miss leading but it's all relative. This is what revenue decline looks like:

Although Sky's revenue is falling it isn't capitulating. There is growth coming from streaming.

Also, it's hard to read into the numbers, especially with covid. The decline in advertising and commercial revenue, like clubs are bars etc.

The main point is that the decline in Skybox numbers has started to stablise, I think that was the main point Peter was making in his presentation.

In the next few halves revenue will shoot up because of broadband and the numbers will skew again.
    In the near term the broadband product will cost more than it generates, it will be a cash suck for another year or two (this is in addition to the upfront backend costs which Sophie mentioned already as a large capex cost in the coming 6 months).

i created this crude chart a while back, which assumes a $150 upfront cost per subscriber for average installation cost including modem, and ongoing $10 a month net margin per customer. Even after achieving a hypothetical 25,000 subscribers after 12 months, the operation would still be burning cash. And that doesn’t cover marketing.

BDC6C7EA-EF40-4420-AEC7-C445CA8115B7.jpg
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 22-06-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Guru

This is why a Vocus/2degrees/Sky merger is the only way forward long term.
    Stop quoting me, it’s getting embarrassing

Why did fidelity buy enough to make a disclosure. Are they looking for a larger holding, are they in cahoots with someone else. Or are they wanting the SP to go up and then dump their holding. Why not stay below the 5%

More large transcations today? Dereck?

Guru

I first mentioned Vocus, you kinda just added to it.

Check your PMs if you don't remember.

Most people know it was me.

Legend

They're in cahoots for sure. Probably organising the takeover as we speak. The market is fixed, it's all fake orders and bots! Trust no one. Fake news is everywhere these days. Even the Sky directors are in on it.

No fake news on here - Ogg ?

I guess were can all be sure that you would be onto it, if there was ..

Guru

If I know Ogg, he is currently drafting a speech in anticipation of a catalyst event announcement soon.