sharetrader
Page 876 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3767768268668728738748758768778788798808869269761376 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,760 of 14174
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    great news.

The missing sport in that article is A-league football, which is headed to paramount+ in Australia (ViacomCBS made the A-league a cornerstone of the service ahead of its upcoming launch in August).

‘not sure exactly when skys current rights for a league expire.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    great news.

The missing sport in that article is A-league football, which is headed to paramount+ in Australia (ViacomCBS made the A-league a cornerstone of the service ahead of its upcoming launch in August).

‘not sure exactly when skys current rights for a league expire.
    Current rights go to the end of 2022 I believe.

They go for 5 years at a time like rugby if I am not mistake.

So, at a minimum, we have NZRU until the end of 2025 and NRL until the end of 2027.

Awesome that both of these important rights are staggered and don’t come up for negotiation around the same time.

Guru

Current rights go to the end of 2022 I believe.

They go for 5 years at a time like rugby if I am not mistake.

So, at a minimum, we have NZRU until the end of 2025 and NRL until the end of 2027.

Awesome that both of these important rights are staggered and don’t come up for negotiation around the same time.
    And I just realised I misread the last bit of your message!

A League, not League! Doh!

Great news as a league fan. I wonder if Spark had a crack since they got the rights to the rugby league world cup?
    Sky share price might only dip a little after this good bit of news.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Not The Chosen One View Post
    Great news as a league fan. I wonder if Spark had a crack since they got the rights to the rugby league world cup?
    Sky share price might only dip a little after this good bit of news.
    Yeah if we lost the rights it would have crashed to 10c.

By winning the rights it should only dip to 16c!

Guru

Yeah if we lost the rights it would have crashed to 10c.

By winning the rights it should only dip to 16c!
    I am wondering about the future of both Union and League. Many families will be considering pretty carefully whether little Johnny/Mary should be playing them. I got concussed pretty badly when I was a kid, my Dad stopped me playing rugby…until I got to Varsity and knew better….

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post

surely!!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I am wondering about the future of both Union and League. Many families will be considering pretty carefully whether little Johnny/Mary should be playing them. I got concussed pretty badly when I was a kid, my Dad stopped me playing rugby…until I got to Varsity and knew better….
    and yet boxing and UFC are still growing in popularity as spectator sports, despite the fact one of the ways you win a match is by giving your opposition temporary brain damage to the level that they either pass out or are unable to stand.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    and yet boxing and UFC are still growing in popularity as spectator sports, despite the fact one of the ways you win a match is by giving your opposition temporary brain damage to the level that they either pass out or are unable to stand.
    'Civilised society' hasn't evolved as much as we might like to think.

I for one quite enjoy watching to big blokes punch each other in the head, hopefully ending in knock out. It is so primitive, but I like it.

And for UFC...in my experience the women fights are often the most vicious! Nothing quite like watching two dangerous-looking broads beat the crap out of each other!

Guru

'Civilised society' hasn't evolved as much as we might like to think.

I for one quite enjoy watching to big blokes punch each other in the head, hopefully ending in knock out. It is so primitive, but I like it.

And for UFC...in my experience the women fights are often the most vicious! Nothing quite like watching two dangerous-looking broads beat the crap out of each other!
    Yes...agree. Its mesmerizing ! And, yes, the dichotomy between Boxing / UFC and Union / League with the way they approach head injuries is incredible.