sharetrader
Page 884 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3847848348748808818828838848858868878888949349841384 ... LastLast
Results 8,831 to 8,840 of 14180
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Sky will be the exception, if mista is close or right on the 2cps divie that would be over 11 percent yield and worth backing
    Don't forget, if Sky start a divvy after a buyback...and pay 2c/share interim and 2c/share Final...that is a total of 4c/share. If expected yield sits somewhere between 8% - 12% then it would imply a SP of 33c-50c.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Don't forget, if Sky start a divvy after a buyback...and pay 2c/share interim and 2c/share Final...that is a total of 4c/share. If expected yield sits somewhere between 8% - 12% then it would imply a SP of 33c-50c.
    A good news story indeed... directors and ceo are inclined to retain cash imo

Wouldn't we generally expect insiders to be buying up on a positive outlook like that? I don't think there's been much action on that front other than Handley (ex)? That said, I'm also not convinced on a takeover/ merger which (hypothetically) might explain lack of insider purchases. I guess all the speculation will be put to rest tmw anyway..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iamaskier View Post
    Wouldn't we generally expect insiders to be buying up on a positive outlook like that?
    Well, management are restricted on when they can buy/sell shares.

The reintroduction (or not) of a dividend is price sensitive. I would think that they have to wait before being able to buy.

Imagine if they have known for the last month or so that they are going to reintroduce a divvy... they then go on a purchasing spree at ~17c/share. Then announce a dividend tomorrow...SP shoots up to 25c - 30c...anyone else see any issues here?

As a more general sentiment, I would prefer management to have a lot more skin in the game.

Advanced Member

I think 4c a share is way too optimistic (unless you are talking about a one off special dividend). A sustainable 2c a share annual dividend is enough to ignite a rocket under the share price though.

Well, management are restricted on when they can buy/sell shares.

The reintroduction (or not) of a dividend is price sensitive. I would think that they have to wait before being able to buy.

Imagine if they have known for the last month or so that they are going to reintroduce a divvy... they then go on a purchasing spree at ~17c/share. Then announce a dividend tomorrow...SP shoots up to 25c - 30c...anyone else see any issues here?

As a more general sentiment, I would prefer management to have a lot more skin in the game.
    Yea that last point is sort of more along the lines of what I was thinking, in the sense that you'd imagine things would be looking pretty good internally for a while before a divvy/ buy back etc is lined up and insiders' trading becomes restricted. Handley bought some and Bowman a few in March and that's about it?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I think 4c a share is way too optimistic (unless you are talking about a one off special dividend). A sustainable 2c a share annual dividend is enough to ignite a rocket under the share price though.
    4c/share assumes there has first been a $50M buyback that has reduced the shares outstanding to ~1.5B.

In that case 4c/share would be $60M a year. That would represent 85% of the low range of projected FCF ($70M). Not optimistic at all.

If there is no buyback first, then a total divvy of 3c/share is more realistic. 1c/share interim with a 2c/share final (if conditions allow).

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Me tomorrow morning

Aren't you selling no matter what!?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Aren't you selling no matter what!?
    He will possibly trim his holding back in an effort to regain his sanity.

But he will never turn his back on us...