sharetrader
Page 902 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 40280285289289889990090190290390490590691295210021402 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 14180
    ... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    So anyone want to estimate Sky’s cash balance at present? What would it be growing at every month on average as it continues to not pay dividends? Somewhere in the region of $5-$10 million per month?

It’s shame they decided to repay the $100 million in bonds back in March with cash instead of re-issuing debt. Could have repurchased half the company in less than 12 months with that cash + expected cashflow.
    If it is that much $5-10m/mth then why the need exit the Mt wellington property for what would amount to a 4 to 6 mths net cashflow. A purchase such as Spark Sport in the offing perhaps

... have power to make you great

Analysts, investors shrug at Sky's corporate intrigue at investor day

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12454945

Paywalled

Chris Keall states "The Australian (news) threw around names of potential suitors like Discovery, NBCUniversal or the "logical" possibility of a telco (a possibility that probably doesn't appear as logical to Kiwi reader"

Chris has obviously not read the Sky thread

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Analysts, investors shrug at Sky's corporate intrigue at investor day

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12454945

Paywalled

Chris Keall states "The Australian (news) threw around names of potential suitors like Discovery, NBCUniversal or the "logical" possibility of a telco (a possibility that probably doesn't appear as logical to Kiwi reader"

Chris has obviously not read the Sky thread
    Well, if Bowman was hoping that Slide 80 would create a huge buzz with corresponding price action then it was a pretty epic fail.

But I don’t think that was the game plan. More a signal that Sky is open to suitors and please get in contact with Jarden if you want a piece of this action.

Sky did emphasis less free cash going forward as they 'invest for growth'. I'm certainly getting bombarded with adds for Sky broadband. I wonder how much is being spent marketing this new offering.

"Jarden analysts Arie Dekker and Luan Nguyen maintained an "under-weight" rating on the pay-tv provider after the briefing, though nudged their target price up from 18.0c to 19.0c."

Well if that's the case - 20c seems like the best we can hope for in a potential transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Sky did emphasis less free cash going forward as they 'invest for growth'. I'm certainly getting bombarded with adds for Sky broadband. I wonder how much is being spent marketing this new offering.
    If they plan to only get 10% of their base on broadband and its not adding much margin then this is not the way.

WE NEED GOOD BUNDLES!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    "Jarden analysts Arie Dekker and Luan Nguyen maintained an "under-weight" rating on the pay-tv provider after the briefing, though nudged their target price up from 18.0c to 19.0c."

Well if that's the case - 20c seems like the best we can hope for in a potential transaction?
    Takeovers are often a 30-50% premium to the SP.

I think someone would pay 25c/share max to buy sky. Unless there was a bidding war.

25c/share would not be a great outcome for long term owners, unless it was part of a merger whereby they would have the opportunity to participate in any upside the new entity yields.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 02-07-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

I think someone would pay 25c/share max to buy sky. Unless there was a bidding war.

25c/share would not be a great outcome for long term owners, unless it was part of a merger whereby they would have the opportunity to participate in any upside the new entity yields.
    Wouldn't it stand to reason if Jarden is driving any negotiations that their price target of 19c would be a potential crutch to that premium?
    Last edited by jimdog31; 02-07-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Wouldn't it stand to reason if Arie of Jarden is driving any negotiations that his price target of 19c would be a potential crutch to that premium?
    Doubt whether this Arie would have anything to do with the Jarden ‘advisory’ team
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

I’d jump at 25 cents
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”