sharetrader
Page 92 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192939495961021421925921092 ... LastLast

ISP's all around the world are already refusing connections to globally blacklisted websites that distribute content illegally, NZ is far behind in the way of protecting copyrights online.

Within this proposal, any website put forth has to go through the courts first to ensure there is a breach of copyright law... that is all.

Pandering to the overblown net neutrality debate will get Vocus new.. misinformed customers...
    Last edited by hardt; 29-11-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    ISP's all around the world are already refusing connections to globally blacklisted websites that distribute content illegally, NZ is far behind in the way of protecting copyrights online.

Within this proposal, any website put forth has to go through the courts first to ensure there is a breach of copyright law... that is all.

Pandering to the overblown net neutrality debate will get Vocus new.. misinformed customers...
    I can categorically say that blocking doesn't work, there is always a work around. What I can also say is I haven't torrented/pirated in years because its far easier to just use netflix. Go figure.

What subway said

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    I can categorically say that blocking doesn't work, there is always a work around. What I can also say is I haven't torrented/pirated in years because its far easier to just use netflix. Go figure.
    A simple VPN will circumvent it, however I do believe that a substantial amount of people will not go to great lengths to work around a roadblock... people are stupid, never forget.

Never underestimate the power that a slight inconvenience has over people.

Using what is currently at their disposal to protect their property is not going to make things worse... at the very least it gets 5% of people to stop breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    An appalling move. Fancy trying to block sites that allow me to download legitimate torrent files! What a waste of shareholders funds.

About time that got with the times and found ways of distributing product in a format and price point consumers would enjoy.

This company needs to pull its head out of the sand and get with the new century. Time for that Chair of the Board to go - he will be the one responsible for the further destruction of shareholder wealth.
    Nicely stated, totally agree.

Talking with a former colleague who now works at Sky TV, the content providers have pushed Sky to initiate action or they will enforce clauses in the content distribution agreement contracts to terminate them.

While I agree that this trivially circumvented, there are other pressures being brought to bear.

even if sky is successful they will never stop piracy , the australian ruling which sky is attempting to follow hasnt worked. most people in aus who use these so called illegal sites already use vpn networks and least not forget the actual blocked sites can spring up 100s of mirror sites in a flash and constantly change locations.
    so sky or isps will constantly be one step behind.
    one step ahead of the herd

Sky is free to try to stop the downloading of copyright infringing material material. But why target the ISP - why not the developers of the Operating System (like Microsoft or Apple) who create the ability to download copyright infringing material.

Other than that, they should keep their sticky beaks out of the internet. They obviously show no inclination to broadening the way copyright protected material is delivered to and accessed by consumers

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    why not the developers of the Operating System (like Microsoft or Apple) who create the ability to download copyright infringing material.
    Lol are you serious? We would instead try and get the OS developers to restrict the apps we run on them?

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Lol are you serious? We would instead try and get the OS developers to restrict the apps we run on them?
    https://torrentfreak.com/rightsholde...indows-160803/