sharetrader
Page 936 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269329339349359369379389399409469861036 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,360 of 14173

SKTchart.jpg

Buying shares in a clear downtrend is far more often than not an exercise in frustration.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I hope Sky is looking into game streaming services and getting exclusive access for it's NZ users. This would certainly add another dimension to Sky and boost it's appeal to a wider audience. This is an advantage for a STB.

https://au.pcmag.com/game-streaming-...vices-for-2021

Quote Originally Posted by John_Pinnacle View Post
    I hope Sky is looking into game streaming services and getting exclusive access for it's NZ users. This would certainly add another dimension to Sky and boost it's appeal to a wider audience. This is an advantage for a STB.

Yeah, Netflix knows the appeals too and I won't be surprised if Disney follow suit.

Guru

Very interesting idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    SKTchart.jpg

Buying shares in a clear downtrend is far more often than not an exercise in frustration.
    time frames mate

SKT0816.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Large growth numbers expected for game streaming.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...nds-2021-06-14

Android TV boxes definitely cater for it, so I think the possibility is there for Sky if they choose to explore it. And with their ultra fast broadband offering, the bundles are there.

Given a growing majority of people are used to streaming their content using apps (especially younger audiences) I don't see the new STB having very wide appeal to younger customers unless there is something else compelling about it. Game streaming could be that very thing.

Thanks for sharing the thought JP, you may well be on to something here! And the upside in terms of subscriber numbers is potentially very big.

Advanced Member

All the paid game streaming services so far have failed dramatically to attract users, even the ones provided by the worlds best technology & gaming companies (Google, Microsoft & Sony), due to the primary fact that customers willing to pay for a streaming gaming service are those that are hardcore gamers who are willing to pay for gaming, and those same users are also the most demanding of there games and find the drawbacks of streaming (latency, poor performance) as a deal breaker - so the end result being no one is using them unless they are offered for free. Netflix plan is to offer it for free as part of their monthly service, and Apple already offers “Apple arcade” (either standalone or for free with the Apple One services bundle). With that in mind the prospects for Sky aren’t terribly attractive: the set up cost is very high (need a server for every concurrent player, and each one takes years to payback), and if it’s going up against “free” game services from Netflix/Amazon/Apple etc, then i wouldn’t be including it as a slam dunk opportunity for Sky.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    With that in mind the prospects for Sky aren’t terribly attractive: the set up cost is very high (need a server for every concurrent player, and each one takes years to payback), and if it’s going up against “free” game services from Netflix/Amazon/Apple etc, then i wouldn’t be including it as a slam dunk opportunity for Sky.
    Even if Sky looked at this space I don't think anything would happen imminently. First things first, they need to get the new STB out to their customers to help keep churn down in the base.

But if they did enter gaming (assuming it even makes sense to do so...) then I wouldn't have thought they would have massive costs setting up servers etc. They would do deals with the major gaming companies so that they can bundle it up on the Sky platform. The game companies would pay for all of the costs to do with setting up and supporting the gaming, Sky would just get wholesale deals with them and offer the service to their customers.

Could be pie in the Sky, but an interesting idea anyway!

At the risk of being banned. SKT managed to break through the wall that was 0.16 and is having a little ripper today.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    At the risk of being banned. SKT managed to break through the wall that was 0.16 and is having a little ripper today.
    See? The pump & dump trolls get banned and the SP goes up.

Thanks Vince!