sharetrader
Page 941 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4418418919319379389399409419429439449459519911041 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,410 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByWarriors View Post
    Insiders hopefully
    If there is one thing we can be absolutely certain about when it comes to Sky - insiders are not buying shares.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    If there is one thing we can be absolutely certain about when it comes to Sky - insiders are not buying shares.

And the Board have never had any serious amounts of shares.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    And the Board have never had any serious amounts of shares.
    They must be a pretty smart bunch then

Except..... it maybe Dereck Handley could be buying up large.
    Last edited by Alpha; 20-08-2021 at 11:43 AM. Reason: abc

Guru

Sky will do another round of clawbacks for sporting costs now…

Exactly, this is a non growth company and the only way to turn around sentiment is profit. Consistent profit. Period after period profit...and paying that back to shareholders.

Unsure if I’m allowed to post links, but anyway, a write up for SKT has appeared on VIC. Might need to create a free account to view it

https://www.valueinvestorsclub.com/i...47#description

Legend

Will Sky do a share consolidation, so Ogg's shares get to be worth more each ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rustycage View Post
    Unsure if I’m allowed to post links, but anyway, a write up for SKT has appeared on VIC. Might need to create a free account to view it

https://www.valueinvestorsclub.com/i...47#description
    Good write up, thanks for sharing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Will Sky do a share consolidation, so Ogg's shares get to be worth more each ?
    If they do a share consolidation/capital return...it would be an easy and effective way of returning money from the asset sale to shareholders without Grant Robertson clipping the ticket.

Let' say that have $100M to do a CR, and they want to reduce the shares by half (873.4M). Well, for every two shares held they could destroy one and pay each shareholder 11.45c for the destroyed share.

All else been equal, the market value per share should double to 32c...but then you own half the number of shares that you did before. So you are no better (or worse) off on that front, however you did receive a big fat one-off tax free payment.

Questions may be raised as to whether such a savagely dilutory capital raise really needed to be done during the panic, given they are returning capital to shareholders so soon. Bowman will need to get his story straight for that one.

A buyback would benefit long-term holders more...but is a slower process, and the amount of shares that can be bought back on market will be dependent on how the SP behaves as management put buy pressure on the stock. But the patient owners will see their holdings (as a percentage of the business) increase and the SP "should" increase all else being equal. Future dividends will be much fatter too, for those who stick around.

If they aren't going to use the significant amount of excess funds to make an acquisition, they will need to return a good chunk of it to shareholders I think.

Let's see what they do. Only a few more days to wait and see...

In the case of returning capital to shareholders, I personally favour the buyback option. But I am sure I can live with the Capital Return route too (in which case I would receive a tax free payment of $155K).

missusTea might even get those saucy knickers out again that I haven't seen her wear since I started buying Sky TV shares...
    Last edited by mistaTea; 22-08-2021 at 06:49 PM.