sharetrader
Page 943 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4438438939339399409419429439449459469479539931043 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    The "growth" option seems to be the option they are trying to sell. Again with no money invested themselves, I have zero faith in their ability to execute.
    Yes, and as an investor I would much rather they put the capital to work to grow the business...

However I agree with you - they have largely been timid (or so it seems). The likelihood of them doing some type of meaningful acquisition seems miniscule...but maybe they will surprise me here.

Buyback and return of divvy is the safe option. I think a buyback of $100M should push the SP to around 20c or so (assuming the current market capitilisation stays the same). A divvy *should* then push it to 25c+

If the board can achieve that they will feel that they have done their jobs well.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 23-08-2021 at 12:57 PM. Reason: typos fixed

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    What has happened to this thread, has it been overtaken by children? Can you sort them out Vince, all these silly gifs etc do not belong on this site.
    Are you serious ? If yes, lighten up a bit. Harmless fun from my perspective. Sky is an entertainment channel. Simply change the channel if you don’t like it, it isn’t compulsory viewing. In this day and age a bit of humour is certainly not misplaced.

Banned

I hope your right, I've gotten rather sick of seeing the line in my portfolio tracker that reads "SKT 15.9".

There is a lot of hot money created by the US Federal Reserve deployed by masters of the universe trying to seize the high ground in subscription entertainment.

A soon as interest rates rise these masters of the universe will have to do the carpet dance in front of the spreadsheet jockeys who are the gatekeepers for the Fed's magic beans. I speculate one of these jockeys will notice on line 84 of the spreadsheet there is some place called A Terror Rower, a small market with low subscriber numbers where collection costs are larger than elsewhere. The master and the jockey should conclude the best option would be to distribute the product and collect the cash through a content aggregator.

Anyone know of an outfit that could do this?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Does anyone see Sky broadband ads anymore? I see competitor ads but not Sky.

The new Sky TV ad is cool though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvPEUcX7WZU

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    Does anyone see Sky broadband ads anymore? I see competitor ads but not Sky.

The new Sky TV ad is cool though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvPEUcX7WZU
    The only ad based tv channels I watch are TVNZ streaming and TVNZ on demand, and I see the sky broadband ads often.

On the topic of broadband, it should be noted that Chorus reported annual earnings this week and the revenue chorus gets from fiber connections from the two biggest fiber customers (Spark & Vodafone) decreased noticeably - as they aggressively promote fixed wireless broadband using their own cellular networks.

The third biggest customer - which is highly likely Vocus (which wholesales fiber to sky) - chorus received a small uptick of revenue from $117 -> $120 million.

Notably, the largest customer’s revenue contribution was $372m down from $409m and the second largest was $178m down from $195m. The third was up $3m to $120m.

Interesting as I've not seen any ads for Sky and I watch TVNZ on demand too. There aren't any Google remarketing ads at the moment either, I've been searching for broadband so they should pop up on Google partner sites.

Hopefully we get some numbers in tomorrows announcement about their fibre subs.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    The only ad based tv channels I watch are TVNZ streaming and TVNZ on demand, and I see the sky broadband ads often.

On the topic of broadband, it should be noted that Chorus reported annual earnings this week and the revenue chorus gets from fiber connections from the two biggest fiber customers (Spark & Vodafone) decreased noticeably - as they aggressively promote fixed wireless broadband using their own cellular networks.

The third biggest customer - which is highly likely Vocus (which wholesales fiber to sky) - chorus received a small uptick of revenue from $117 -> $120 million.

Guru

NZME boosts half year profit, reinstates dividend and sells GrabOne
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12467020

Selling assets and just reinstated divvy. Let’s see what happens to the SP.

I draw many parallels between Sky and NZME.

Reinstated divvy with debt.

Sky: no debt, lots of cash on hand, no divvy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    NZME boosts half year profit, reinstates dividend and sells GrabOne
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12467020

Selling assets and just reinstated divvy. Let’s see what happens to the SP.

I draw many parallels between Sky and NZME.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    Reinstated divvy with debt.

Sky: no debt, lots of cash on hand, no divvy!!!
    Patience, there is light at the end of what turned out to be a very long tunnel.

NZME probably won't see much price action. If they pay 3c each half that is ~12M in total. The current market cap of $183M would represent a yield of ~7% - which is what the market would expect for a business like this I reckon. So the divvy is likely already priced in as they had signalled it earlier.

The good news for Sky is that if they do take the conservative approach and do buybacks and divvys...

The buyback could potentially reduce shares outstanding to ~1.2B.

If an initial divvy of 30M increased the market cap to represent a 7-8% yield, then that would be a MC ~375M-430M (31c - 36c per share).

This is pretty much what BlackCrane are predicting based on their presentation (and have made clear to the board in terms of their expectations moving forward).

As Peter Kennan would say - "Let's see."
    Last edited by mistaTea; 24-08-2021 at 10:02 AM. Reason: 30M divvy, not 30c! We aren't THAT broke!