sharetrader
Page 95 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495969798991051451955951095 ... LastLast

Price changes... this should have been in the mix about 5 years ago.

$25 minimum is definitely a good move forward... bit of short term pain ahead from it though.

Sky is actually living in the stone ages. In John Fellets report he continues to show he has no forward thinking whatsoever and makes some ridiculous statements including "we jumped on to on-demand streaming rapidly". No you didn't John, you have simply waited until you've had no choice but to change. How about some honesty about what you haven't done and your learnings, instead of praising all the amazing content Sky has and how innovative you are.

The change in pricing seems to be a sneaky way of not changing packages for any of their existing customers in hope they won't call up to downgrade their packages. Where's the forecasting about how many extra customers this will bring and if this will offset lower ARPC? Even if 10% of existing customers change their plans that's over 2 million in lost revenue.

Also the starter package + sky sport will cost $55 a month yet the cost of monthly fanpass for ONLY sports is $100 a month. So much for supporting digital! Sure the NPAT numbers look OK, but Sky will continue to lose revenue and I don't see anyway that's going to change.

there's huge warning signs in the report by lowering the dividend and discussing potential impairments against goodwill. Also they continually state the subscriber numbers look bad because of fanpass and FATSO. Well why don't they split out subscriber numbers and churn so you can actually see what's going on. The fact a neon customer who is paying $20 a month and can cancel anytime is treated the same as a customer paying $100 on a contract is ridiculous and makes it difficult to see where net growth /loss is coming from.

Guru

What a load of garbage. They just still do not get it. I do not want to pay $25 for a starter package.... and miss out on the 1 channel I do want in the other package. I want to pick and choose channels I want to watch. None of this package bull@#$%!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What a load of garbage. They just still do not get it. I do not want to pay $25 for a starter package.... and miss out on the 1 channel I do want in the other package. I want to pick and choose channels I want to watch. None of this package bull@#$%!!!
    You are obviously not a hipster millenial forward thinker. What you want is quite at odds with the futurist thinking of Fellet and that other twat on the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Agree 100%. I'm ringing Sky on Friday when I have some time. Had enough of their $80 a month. I'll cut the cord if I don't get satisfaction.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You are obviously not a hipster millenial forward thinker. What you want is quite at odds with the futurist thinking of Fellet and that other twat on the Board.
    Indeed, I am not a forward thinker... boy how wrong could I be.

I think this will backfire for SKY. At first I thought, yay cheaper to get the sports, but now I realise that I have to pay $24.91 for channels that are already free anyway before I can pay another $40 or whatever it is to get my sports. No thanks, I think this may be the continuing catalyst for customers ditching SKY and going over to other providers such as Netflix and Kodi boxes.

Too little too late.

Hybrid android box with TV tuner + Apps installed = Sky extinction.

ok so the $25 package is basically freeview... I don't get it.
    Last edited by hardt; 28-02-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    ok so the $25 package is basically freeview... I don't get it.
    Thats right. So you pay $25 for what you can get for free to be able to have access to the sports. This is the deathknell for SKY. What a bunch of losers this board is. This is a seriously fcuked up change and will be worse than retaining the status quo.
    Last edited by blackcap; 28-02-2018 at 10:52 AM.

I still don't understand why people are still buying shares in Sky. The dividend yield might be quite good with the dropping SP but surely there's going to be a capital loss at some point when you sell them or Sky goes bust? Or do some people actually think Sky will recover/