sharetrader
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: SILVER v USD

and one of the smallest %'s met by recycling. which is surprising as I thought a lot of silver came from old stuff.
    I hope you're right JBMurc at $10k/oz even my measly holding will provide a nice nest egg, and I do intend to keep buying as cash flow allows.
    My nephew gave me an Australian Proof 1 oz silver coin which has an excellent quality about it. Worth more as a collectible at this stage but maybe not if you are right !!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    and one of the smallest %'s met by recycling. which is surprising as I thought a lot of silver came from old stuff.
    I hope you're right JBMurc at $10k/oz even my measly holding will provide a nice nest egg, and I do intend to keep buying as cash flow allows.
    My nephew gave me an Australian Proof 1 oz silver coin which has an excellent quality about it. Worth more as a collectible at this stage but maybe not if you are right !!
    I think the reason why recycling is falling is the fact that unlike in the past with large use silver was used in sterling,coin currencys today silver's being used in far more micro usages like electric chip's on credit cards etc.

don't was price silver will get too in 15-20yrs if it all but gone + the inflatation of fiat paper currency your price silver in it's could be even more than 10k eitherway it'll be alot more than now
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Where is the best place to buy 1oz Silver coins right now?... There seem to be some pretty good deals on Trademe with packs of x10 1oz coins ect. These seem to be cheaper than placing a 10oz order with the NZ Mint... Alternatively does anyone know of any Auckland based coin dealers that will clear out 10oz at a time for a reasonable price?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TTrader View Post
    Where is the best place to buy 1oz Silver coins right now?... There seem to be some pretty good deals on Trademe with packs of x10 1oz coins ect. These seem to be cheaper than placing a 10oz order with the NZ Mint... Alternatively does anyone know of any Auckland based coin dealers that will clear out 10oz at a time for a reasonable price?
    I've brought most of my 1oz ferns,malpes etc of trademe(22oz-30oz)currently your pay $32-$35ea
    the real free bullion market of NZ is- Trademe -
    As the NZ mint are rouges with high premiums to their favour like the fact if you brought 1oz of the mint then wanted to sell it back to them the diff is like 40%
    10% higher than spot to buy 30% less than spot to sell to them.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 08-07-2009 at 12:09 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I've brought most of my 1oz ferns,malpes etc of trademe(22oz-30oz)currently your pay $32-$35ea
    the real free bullion market of NZ is- Trademe -
    As the NZ mint are rouges with high premiums to their favour like the fact if you brought 1oz of the mint then wanted to sell it back to them the diff is like 40%
    10% higher than spot to buy 30% less than spot to sell to them.
    The NZ Mint have always charged a lot. Have bought some larger bars from them before which were reasonably priced. Looking on Trademe now has anyone dealt with the trader "bullionnz"... His prices are very reasonable and his feedback looks good. Might buy a few oz though him and then see if I can get further discounts buying direct.

Cool

The NZ Mint have always charged a lot. Have bought some larger bars from them before which were reasonably priced. Looking on Trademe now has anyone dealt with the trader "bullionnz"... His prices are very reasonable and his feedback looks good. Might buy a few oz though him and then see if I can get further discounts buying direct.
    Yeah I've brought alot off- bullionnz,NZsilver etc haven't had any trouble with buying bullion off- Trademe

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah I've brought alot off- bullionnz,NZsilver etc haven't had any trouble with buying bullion off- Trademe

So thats who I am competing against!!...haha.
    Maybe we should get a roster sorted and buy on alternate weeks so we don't push the price up!

I have bought off bullionz as well...no problems at all.
    Also has a website so you can contact them away from Trademe.

http://www.geocities.com/bullionnz/

I only buy when cash allows...so not big amounts.

Looking on Trademe now has anyone dealt with the trader "bullionnz"... His prices are very reasonable and his feedback looks good. Might buy a few oz though him and then see if I can get further discounts buying direct.
    I have dealt with them as well. In fact they once replaced at their cost an oz I bought that went missing in the post. I never expected them to but they freely offered. I was impressed.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    So thats who I am competing against!!...haha.
    Maybe we should get a roster sorted and buy on alternate weeks so we don't push the price up!

I have bought off bullionz as well...no problems at all.
    Also has a website so you can contact them away from Trademe.

http://www.geocities.com/bullionnz/

I only buy when cash allows...so not big amounts.
    Yeah maybe back when the 1oz traded around $23oz-$29oz brought a heap back then.
    like yourself I'm buying small amounts now an again like yesterday I brought 3 silver ferns in capsules for $96
    Will keep adding to my holding silver bullion's a real no-brainer long term

Default ...

Alright thanks for the replies....

Up until now I have been focusing on collecting gold coins.. Have x2 kilo silver bars from the Perth Mint tucked away but figure ill start collecting silver coins as they offer the best value for me now...

What would you all recommend collecting?... Best to stick with the Maples, Australian Minted and NZ Minted?... Is it worth paying extra for the American minted coins?... Knowing these carry a face value...