sharetrader
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: SILVER v USD

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Being an avid long time American coin collector I would generally advise against collecting coins if it's silver you want to invest in, unless you stick solely with eagle bullion coins. The grading of coins is the downfall of most collectors, buying at a half or full grade higher than a coins is actually is. Then when its time to sell, if the dealer is honest, they will grade the coin properly and therefore you can realise a capital loss.

I'd say any coin or bar meant for bullion is the way to go.
    Yeah I agree if your investing for the silver value 1kg bullion bars round $900 atm is the best way to buy.
    Still I have half of my 30kilo+ Silver bullion holding in 10oz & 1oz coins & bars because my view is when Silver goes up to the very high levels needed to make mining under the sea viable etc a 1oz will be much easier to sell on trademe for say $500-$1000ea rather than trying to sell 1-5kg bars for 32k-100k much like the fact you don't see any 1kilo gold bars for sale to few a buyers..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    So thats who I am competing against!!...haha.
    Maybe we should get a roster sorted and buy on alternate weeks so we don't push the price up!

I have bought off bullionz as well...no problems at all.
    Also has a website so you can contact them away from Trademe.

http://www.geocities.com/bullionnz/

I only buy when cash allows...so not big amounts.

They have a new website with some more up to date pricing

http://www.bullionnz.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    So that's who I am competing against!!...haha.
    Maybe we should get a roster sorted and buy on alternate weeks so we don't push the price up!

I have bought off bullion as well...no problems at all.
    Also has a website so you can contact them away from Trademe.

http://www.geocities.com/bullionnz/

I only buy when cash allows...so not big amounts.
    Well tried to place a bid on a nice 10oz coin of BullionNZ this morning to be told I'm now blacklisted by him real nice after buying over $10,000+ worth of bullion an many positive feedback as I always paid straight away, Offensive very senstive seller so you don't have to worry about me competing for BullionNZ silver will be supporting the other sellers now
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Maybe you've been buying to cheap from him & he's sick of it
    Yeah must be--In a silver report e-mail I get from Jason H he recommend outside US buyers to buy at -www.momssilvershop.com
    Which I just did I brought 20x1oz buffalo bullion coins at 15.80USD with moms july discount on Inter freight to my address came to $540 NZD or $27.00oz NZD ea
    will be buying my silver bullion of Momsilvershop from now on with such a discount I don't mind waiting a couple weeks
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-07-2009 at 02:54 PM.

JB Murc - momssilvershop is actually Jason's mother right? I get Jason's e-mail as well and I can't help thinking that after building up his online credibility over a good few years, he's now into the cashing in phase and doing pretty well through his trading business?? Even though he would say its still only a very small part of his business and he's doing if for the greater good...etc etc.

Still, good prices are good prices relatively speaking!!

Any more detail on what you did to p**s bullion NZ off - sounds intriguing!

CT

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CycleTrader View Post
    JB Murc - momssilvershop is actually Jason's mother right? I get Jason's e-mail as well and I can't help thinking that after building up his online credibility over a good few years, he's now into the cashing in phase and doing pretty well through his trading business?? Even though he would say its still only a very small part of his business and he's doing if for the greater good...etc etc.

Still, good prices are good prices relatively speaking!!

Any more detail on what you did to p**s bullion NZ off - sounds intriguing!

CT
    Yeah very good prices just compare to what BullionNZ is now charging I remember looking at the Momssilvershope back when I was buying 100's of 1oz Maples,ferns etc off BullionNZ for $24oz-$28oz to buy 1oz elsewhere like from the US wasn't that much of a discount once freight was taken into the costs ,but now it's much cheaper too some 20%-40%..the blacklist may turn out to be a major postive for my bullion buying

Cheers for that site. Prices look good. How much was the shipping to NZ?
    Might have to save my pingers and buy in higher volumes to make it worthwhile.
    Shipping time dosn't bother me.....as long as it arrives!
    Interesting you bought buffalos....and not the more recognised bullion.
    But I suppose they were at a sharper price...and bullion is bullion no matter the form.

Didn't realise bullionnz was that volatile. They should remember its a small country they play in.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah very good prices just compare to what BullionNZ is now charging I remember looking at the Momssilvershope back when I was buying 100's of 1oz Maples,ferns etc off BullionNZ for $24oz-$28oz to buy 1oz elsewhere like from the US wasn't that much of a discount once freight was taken into the costs ,but now it's much cheaper too some 20%-40%..the blacklist may turn out to be a major postive for my bullion buying
    I'm still wanting to collect those China Panda silver coins...

If you come across them in your travels could you let me know

Edit: Found a few on Trademe @ $106 each!
    Last edited by shasta; 09-07-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

Maybe keep this info handy in your search.

How to spot a fake silver panda......

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-spot-...00000000966183

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

Yeah I have seen the odd China Panda I don't see why they are so much more expensive than other high Quality 1oz bullion rounds like the maples,the China Panda must be alot more expensive to bring into NZ.
    Personal I like to buy silver bullion cheap as possible like the buffalo bullion coins at $27oz NZD

In time when silver goes up in $1-$5 overnight $100oz+ etc price,
    will the Panda's still command such a premium over other .999% pure 1oz coins