sharetrader
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: SILVER v USD

Hi Ananda

Always a possibility Silver could still go a bit
    lower into the box areas IMO, and give you a chance to top up.

GL - arco

...actually arco, although history might or might not repeat itself, there is an interesting article here:

http://investmentscore.com/editorials/what_is_happening

Kind Regards

Hi all,

I've been checking out posts here for a while, arco brought my attention to the site from detachedtrader.com which seems to be inactive now... i've been trying to register to st since and have been unsuccessful until now... anyway thanks to all your prior posts as they have brought my attention to a couple money making opportunities... well as far as silver goes, i don't really trade it but looking at the chart i would go with arco's recommendation but if it doesn't get to that point i would then wait for it to break back through the up trend support line and then come back and test to hop in... looking at the last chart in the article that ananda posted this would be november of 05... i'm gonna try to post the chart but i don't think its gonna work

Hi Craig

I use photobucket.com for images now...it seems far easier
    than imageshack.

I'm interested to see your chart....so trust you will try again
    (you can always edit on the old post).

GT - arco

...by the way, arco, I do not doubt your charting wisdom, but I never rule out a "shake out" (momentum) scenario when price hits an important trendline...and there is ALWAYS a very good chance, that immediate recovery trading allows for the setting of positive stop-loss levels...

[-increase in US M3 supply: >10%/year
    -increase in India/China M3 supply: near 20%/year
    -since 1979, the "purchasing power" of the USD declined 73%]

How long will this 'Inflation Game' go on?? Do not know and neither do I care! However, I do know, it's at the 'war level' now. I do not like it, but what can I do??? Well, not much, but my consumption level is next to ZERO

Kind Regards

Hi Ananda/All

A few points to ponder when viewing the Silver chart.

1. The blue box is a Gartley target using harmonic calculations to construct the box.

2. The red box only comes into play if the action gives a confirmed reversal pattern to form a bullish Butterfly. If/when that happens targets can be calculated.

ONE MAIN POINT TO REMEMBER.

The potential bullish (red) Butterfly could conceivably terminate at the underside of the slotted uptrend line. Reason being the uptrend support (line) has been broken and as such may now form resistance.

Silver is not out of danger until that line has been reconquered.

GT - arco

...silver's uptrend...
    <center></center>

Kind Regards

Smile

Updating the silver chart. (See chart - post 19)

The price reached the Butterfly PRZ as posted in June, and is heading north again. It would now be nice to see the action breaking back above the old up-trend (slatted) line.

.....Keep stashing it away.......preferable in bars to reduce the availability and force the price even further....LOL

rgds - arco

this guys target is a little higher!

http://news.silverseek.com/GoldIsMoney/1186061730.php

$8000 Silver in 15 Years

MR: Let me start off by asking you why you insist that silver is so undervalued?

JH: Going back a century, virtually every major country in the world was using gold and silver as currency. Today, no country uses either metal as currency, yet gold has been hoarded by the central banks of the world, but not silver. In all of history nearly 5.0 bilion ozs. (155,000 tonnes) of gold have been mined with over 90% of that gold still existing. On the other hand, of the total 45 billion ounces of silver ever mined, about 9% remains, the rest has been consumed. Doing the math, the total value of existing gold equals about $3.3 trillion, yet for silver only $52 billion!. At the end of World War-2, total known stocks of silver amounted to about 10 billion ounces, with the U.S. government holding 4 billion ounces. Now, total stocks are down to well under one billion ounces, a reduction of about 95%, with the U.S. government's stockpile virtually gone. Silver's growing use in electronics since WW-2 has helped to dwindle those once-huge silver supplies. In this regard, looking to the future of China and other once-underdeveloped nations, their use of silver should expand greatly as their populations prosper and they join the "consumer age."

MR: How much investible silver exists?

JH: The vast majority of the estimated existing 4.0 billion ozs. of silver is in the form of jewelry, flatware, tableware, etc. The world consumes more silver annually --about 900 million ozs.-- than is mined each year, which is about 650 million ozs., the difference is made up by scrap recycling. What's left for investment amounts to some 300-600 million ounces which includes all pre-1965 dated silver coins and all the various silver medallions, bars and ingots made for investors.

silver is actually lagging at this stage.... gold having broken into new highs fri nite.
    so the question is does that make it a better buy i.e it should catch up... or that it is dissociating from gold.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....