sharetrader
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: SILVER v USD

Delinky, I've been in that same situation with tunnel vision many many times. I'm just learning from experience.

No use putting HIS money into YOUR ideas. Do what's best for him, do what he is interested and passionate about then he will take more of an interest and think for himself.

If you can't decide on anything, just keep reading up on stuff until you find something that you both agree on is a good idea to put the money to good use.

I have to say I am sitting here laughing at myself. You guys gave me a lesson "I" needed today. The reason I am laughing is I expected this thread to tell me "how great I was making such a suggestion to my young son, thinking of his best interests, giving him a good comparable lesson regarding the computer" and so on. You opened my eyes up and I totally agree with you both now. I guess we are never too old to learn. My son has just arrived home and I will let him read this thread. Again thank you!!

Guru

Default silver on trade me

Thanks for the link peat,but the spot price for silver is in Troy ounces. therefore 1kg=32.15Troy ounces or 64.3 for 2 kgs.it comes to about $30 an ounce. Im not so quick to push the buy now button at $30 ounce Neverthe less,I appreciate your input and would value anyones opinion on whats a realistic price for bars Cheers

ok yes well thats very useful info for me to skid, I have updated my spreadsheet
    even at 30 p oz thats as good as it gets for physical silver from what I've seen on trademe over the last few years....
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    shasta why did you quote me? your post has no relation to mine.
    i was giving skid some information that I thought would be useful to him.
    Oops i hit the wrong reply button, sorry :-(

Gold dealer warns investors to watch and wait
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10644781
    "It's craziness to buy on a sharp rise like this because sharper rises mean sharper falls.
    Trading in gold through his firm had been muted during the past few weeks although there had been more silver buying"

GOING UP
    GOLD PRICES PER OUNCE IN NZ$
    * Yesterday: $1722
    * A month ago: $1625
    * Sept 2008: $1166
    SILVER PRICES PER KG IN NZ$
    * Yesterday: $883
    * A month ago: $825
    * Sept 2008: $540

Guru

Default silver trade me

Thanks peat, you may well be right on that one JB seems to find bargans occasionally but Im sure its taken him a fair while to accumulate

Here is a link for the precious metals and base metals supplier - A & E Metal

You can browse around this site to get some ideas.

http://www.aemetal.com.au/Webstore/default.aspx

http://www.aemetal.com.au/Webstore/p...ne-silver.aspx

silver art bars
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-co...-290021719.htm
    only 38/oz at current price (auction still going) be interesting to see what premium he gets for the fancy presentation

I checked out nzsilver.co.nz from where I bought some silver but his website seems a shell.
    bullionnz.co.nz website says no shipping till Queens Birrthday. But hes got 10oz lots on trade me @38oz saying they wont ship till end of May
    nzmint will probably DO you for some silver, they have ozs for 58 !

theres a couple of 20oz lots on trademe , cheapest buy now is @34.5
    and some 10oz lots (auction still going) currently at 32.5/oz no

so theres some around but its fully priced and sometimes is delayed delivery

current spot price in NZD = 27.50

Guru

Thanks for that There never seems to be an easy way to buy pr. metals without a hefty premium.
    Im not in a panic as they predict a rise in interest rates later in the year which would give the $kiwi a boost ,provided it doesnt get shot down on the next economic scare.meanwhile,if someones selling up I suppose this would be a good place to offer it, thus avoiding the Trade me commission.