sharetrader
Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

I think that TTK are the prisoners of some self serving Directors and upper management who will reward themselves voraciously from the cash pile until it is rapidly exhausted. As you say the selling price of TTK will then be well down on the 80cps Spark offered and the future will be very dim, TTK can't foot it with the big players.
    What I can't understand is why all the shareholders who aren't personally directors didn't take the 80cps that was on offer and run. The price is already down to 70cps! They were the prisoners of sleepiness and morons to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I think that TTK are the prisoners of some self serving Directors and upper management who will reward themselves voraciously from the cash pile until it is rapidly exhausted. As you say the selling price of TTK will then be well down on the 80cps Spark offered and the future will be very dim, TTK can't foot it with the big players.
    What I can't understand is why all the shareholders who aren't personally directors didn't take the 80cps that was on offer and run. The price is already down to 70cps! They were the prisoners of sleepiness and morons to boot.
    Human psychology - check out the "endowment effect": humans typically value things they own (just because they own them) more than the things they don't own. Makes it difficult to separate a holder from his/her shares, particularly if they paid much more than what is on offer to acquire them.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    And the market thought TTK was worth about half of what Spark offered, before the offer, and before TTK sold off a significant chunk of the business to Voda. Result being that while there's going to be a healthy cash balance from the sale, the revenue and profit profile reduce significantly. Ergo the value of the company is re-rated from here to whatever the market thinks the cash balance + the remaining business is worth.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the Board who have really struggled to realise the company vision with some poor acquisitions that never really fire up, have no idea how to re-invest the returns from selling assets and fritter that away on unwarranted dividends to shareholders, like a equity return. That would leave them with pre-Voda sale SP, minus cash, equals less than the SP before the Spark offer and the sale.

Anyway who knows, it remains to be seen how TTK respond to having a pile of cash, a smaller business, and a predisposition to rewarding shareholders with dividends.
    The company after selling off Farmside will look like the company before Farmside purchase bssic but dividend paying.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    The company after selling off Farmside will look like the company before Farmside purchase bssic but dividend paying.
    And what do you think that is worth? 0.80 that Spark offered? More than that which some thought possible? Less than that, which the market currently values it at? Or way less back at 0.40 before the offer? Or even less than that, now that Farmside is sold and the revenue and profits are gone in lieu of a capital nest egg?

Tough isn't it. IMHO shareholders looked a gift horse in the mouth if they didn't flick their shares into the market rise on the Spark offer, goodness me, 100% return just like that. Maybe they're all smarting from having bought in well before 0.40? Who knows, only they can say.

Advanced Member

Farmside have never made them money not sure why you don't get that bit?QUOTE=Baa_Baa;664734]And what do you think that is worth? 0.80 that Spark offered? More than that which some thought possible? Less than that, which the market currently values it at? Or way less back at 0.40 before the offer? Or even less than that, now that Farmside is sold and the revenue and profits are gone in lieu of a capital nest egg?

Tough isn't it. IMHO shareholders looked a gift horse in the mouth if they didn't flick their shares into the market rise on the Spark offer, goodness me, 100% return just like that. Maybe they're all smarting from having bought in well before 0.40? Who knows, only they can say.[/QUOTE]

Membaa

Farmside have never made them money not sure why you don't get that bit?
    Oh I get it alright, but you didn't answer the question or even acknowledge it, about what you think TTK's worth without Farmside. It will have a pile of cash, residual assets with revenue and maybe even some profit, so what do you think it's worth? Sniping from the sidelines is easy, answering the question is not. Maybe just let the market answer it for you eh? It will anyway, whatever happens.

Advanced Member

What you don't get is it was worth way more without Farmside, share price was north of $3.00 and gone south ever since acquisition. I think its that simple so the cash cow it was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Oh I get it alright, but you didn't answer the question or even acknowledge it, about what you think TTK's worth without Farmside. It will have a pile of cash, residual assets with revenue and maybe even some profit, so what do you think it's worth? Sniping from the sidelines is easy, answering the question is not. Maybe just let the market answer it for you eh? It will anyway, whatever happens.

Advanced Member

Encouraging pre announcement today anyone buying - me thinking of adding to my lot maybe a dividend might arrive early?

Encouraging pre announcement today anyone buying - me thinking of adding to my lot maybe a dividend might arrive early?
    Sold it at 75c when spark was offering 80c...regretted it...Entered again today at 79c no regrets(so far)...

I am expecting dividends for sure.Should be more than 4c this time.

Advanced Member

I reread the company statement rejecting the takeover confident dividend next year but earlier would see a nice bump in share price.