sharetrader
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Jardendirect broking

What do you guys think of this new site. Is it better than the old directbroking or several steps backwards. I found that it is not so user friendly than the original site.

Guru

It is a heap of the proverbial. The change is typical of being designed by some one that does not use it but likes to create "pretty things". Absolutely no consideration for those who will use it.

But do correspond with them with your concerns. The more that do may get some changes.

The old one was so simple a clean. All functions were easy to use. Not so this platform.

Agree. The DB site was so much more user friendly.

Guru

Another thing is you don't get any warning of them transferring you to the new platform. You go to sign in and are presented with it. If you wanted to do any buy/sell or move some money you can't until you go through the joining procedure. Arrogant attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiJohn View Post
    Agree. The DB site was so much more user friendly.
    Ironic given how old it was.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

How can one get an overview of a portfolio with the current day's change in price?

Somebody showed me portfolio > holdings, but that doesn't show the day's change, which can only be seen apparently if one clicks on each equity in turn, and back again.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Was there any forewarning of the change from DB to Jarden? I'm travelling around overseas so may have missed the advanced warning.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    How can one get an overview of a portfolio with the current day's change in price?

Somebody showed me portfolio > holdings, but that doesn't show the day's change, which can only be seen apparently if one clicks on each equity in turn, and back again.
    You can’t. For that reason I mirror everything in Yahoo Finance. It’s pretty much the same info as the old Direct Broking.
    Disappointing, let them know.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiJohn View Post
    Was there any forewarning of the change from DB to Jarden? I'm travelling around overseas so may have missed the advanced warning.
    Not that I know of. A little chatter on ShareTrader, then an email advising that it was going to happen.
    Fortunately, the transition was ok. For me.

I have two broking accounts. I transitioned one of the accounts and still use the classic DB site for my main portfolio because the Jarden site is a pain in the neck to navigate.

Everything is where I need to see it on the DB site.