sharetrader

Default Link Market Services

Has any one else had a trouble loading and setting up the Okta Verify enable logon to the NZ Link Market Services.

I didn't find all that easy, if fact I have requested for one of the accounts I have requested that all correspondce be sent by mail. Just can't be bother going through the stupid process to log on.

To see your holdings, now you have to log in on the PC with a password etc., then open up and logon to the app on the phone, in find a small indicator that asks you scan your finger print, than number pops up on the phone. this number you enter on PC to gain entry.

A rather detailed process for what? I have several banking sites and none have this kind of over over the top logon.

Yes, it was a little bit of a rigmarole the first time, but once I figured it out, I managed to get it set up OK. You log in as usual then have to go to the Okta Verify app to get a code - this is where you can elect to sign in to the app using fingerprint or Face ID - I use Face. Enter the code that appears, back in the Link app, and you're in.

It is a good security method, but does have a bit of a learning curve. Once you've done it a couple of times you'll get the hang of it.

By the way, you don't have​ to use your PC. You can do it all from your phone if you wish.

EDIT: I have deleted the info re a PC app as it is not what I thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Has any one else had a trouble loading and setting up the Okta Verify enable logon to the NZ Link Market Services.

I didn't find all that easy, if fact I have requested for one of the accounts I have requested that all correspondce be sent by mail. Just can't be bother going through the stupid process to log on.

To see your holdings, now you have to log in on the PC with a password etc., then open up and logon to the app on the phone, in find a small indicator that asks you scan your finger print, than number pops up on the phone. this number you enter on PC to gain entry.

A rather detailed process for what? I have several banking sites and none have this kind of over over the top logon.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 30-06-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Guru

Maybe it depends on your set up on your gadgets. I open up my laptop via a biometric scan. I then log on the link website on my laptop using the password. I then use the authenticator on my phone, which I open up via a biometric scan. This provides the number for the Link website on my laptop to open up my account.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-06-2023 at 10:09 AM.

Guru

Haha this is funny. I still get them to send me paper statements via the post.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Haha this is funny. I still get them to send me paper statements via the post.
    Guarantee that will stop sometime soon.....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Guarantee that will stop sometime soon.....
    I guess another 10 years or so. There are plenty of older people I know that do not use email that are share owners. But yes, after that, it will be email and app based.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I am set up to use Google Authenticator.

Do the username password bit and then copy the GA code.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I guess another 10 years or so. There are plenty of older people I know that do not use email that are share owners. But yes, after that, it will be email and app based.
    With postage going up to $2.00 for a letter tomorrow, I'm sure they'll be looking at it sooner than that. Computershare were putting you in for a draw for $500 if you opted out of paper statements.

ANZ have just shut off Visa statements by mail.

I didn't have any trouble with the authenticator, but already had Google authenticate and found easier on the PC than phone.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Interestingly, or not, a web-site I frequent has just set up a two factor auth system where after the username & password bit you get rung from a random number and the last four digits of that number you enter as your code.

Having set it up, tried it, realised how it works, had my phone claim the number is spam and try to hide it from me, I have now gone back and turned 2FA off again.
    om mani peme hum