sharetrader
Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast

Default VTL - Vital Telecommunications (formerly Team Talk)

This company seems to have a monopoly position in a niche market within the communucations industry.

Major risks include commercially competitive technological advances in the cellular / mobile radio market.

positives include monopoly market share with very high barriers to competitive entry (high startup costs etc).

Forsyth barr are have a valuation range of $2.29 - $2.64. Although they are the lead brokers for the issue.

Listing May 6th, issue price of $1.75 giving a market capitalisation of $35m.

Prospectus forecasts a divvy of 12.8pc per annum, (with the an interim dividend payout in May straight after listing).

According to Forsyth Barr the issue has been VERY popular. I managed to get a few - not as much as I would have liked, anyone have any interesting thoughts on this company?

Only 8 million being sold. I tried to get some but FOSBAR didn't want a bar of me.
    In a hundred years who'll give a s h i t

Who are you? and why are you trying to talk up the stock. You must have got a few!
    In a hundred years who'll give a s h i t

Well actually, I did make an attempt to ensure my post was balanced by pointing out downside risk and the conflict of interest of the lead brokers valuation

I certainly didnt get as many as I wanted. It pays to make the odd trade through all the main retail brokers to ensure access to these opportunities.

Treat others how you want them to treat you [8D][8D]

Pray tell when did the principals behind this coy ever do a shareholder any good?
    \"death&taxes t.o.s.b\"

Who are the principals, Doctor, and what do you know about them? The only name I've heard is David Ware, chief executive. (Obviously I don't have a prospectus)

I've received a prospectus and they look ok but I can't get an allocation. Forsyth Barr, whom I don't usually deal with, are the lead manager and have dished out everything already. Tried two other brokers that I sometime buy through and they have none of their tiny quoata left . There is no public pool.
    Looks like the stags will do ok on this one.

I looked too and my perception was an honest float. With a bit more capital I think they will meet a demand from customers. I like the product and think there is room for a win/win in meeting some companies needs for low cost mobile comms.
    And yes, sigh, Forsyth Barr would have none of me either.
    Í think Teamtalk will have a successful float and wish them luck with their plans to provide an expanded service to companies that can use their products. I think there are many.
    Discl: Wish I had some, and no I don't work for them!

This company has a monopolistic position and a nice dividend yield but what makes me wary is the risk that technological advances will blow them out of the water. What have they got that is long term sustainable and where will they be in 10 years time? Are they just a cash cow to be milked for the next 5 years or so? Keen to hear answers from anyone who has read the prospectus.

I have similar concerns regarding technological advances. Especially cellular technology. Telecom dumped their entire mobile radio network to these guys, I would guess that Telecom had decided it didn't fit within their plans for future technologies.

Vodaphone seem to be very activily (and effectively IMO) marketing their cellular business services and new technologies. Based on their success in capturing market share in the personal cellphone market, I would guess (from my very limited perspective) that they will be have some degree of success with their new pursuit against Telecoms market share of business customers.

Could all this business focus put the mobile radio market into vodafones crosshairs?