sharetrader
Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Iceman...some people just cannot understand that concept. They like rules, makes them feel comfortable. Almost every time I have averaged down its worked for me too and the time I didn't do it with CNU was a big lost opportunity running into the tens of thousands. The truth is it doesn't work for some and it does for others so what I take from that is, saying it shouldn't be done is just evidence of a lack of awareness of the larger world of investing. Everyone is different and should be respected regardless. Just because someone doesn't follow your rules doesn't mean they are going to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That's also what I was being told when I was buying DIL in a downtrend between $3.80 and down to $3.45 just over a year ago !! I don't regret it.
    For FA-ers, isn't it about DYOR before buying into a company and barring any unexpected announcements, sticking to your guns !?
    Sorry not related to this thread per se !
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Big guys usually kick the little guys when they are down.So rather than take them over I think they may give them a few well placed kicks.!!!
    ICEMAN and ROGER.I have back tested both DIL and TTK charts, using 50 day and 200 day EMA moving averages.Takes all the guess work out of timing entry and exits.KW is right,IT REALLY WORKS!!!
    Yep mate I like KW's approach regarding moving averages too. Doesn't always work but I reckon it works FAR more often than not. Very useful approach especially in combination with thorough fundamental analysis. More in here for anyone wondering what Percy and I are referring too http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ries-and-exits
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-01-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Wow, I can declare a paper profit of $140.

Hah..that will surely go someway towards offsetting the time lost/ have spent following the thread and posting. Can we have an update hourly on twitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Wow, I can declare a paper profit of $140.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Quick sums

Assume this year not too bad and FCF is $5m and grows at 5% pa for 10 years and terminal growth of 2.5%pa one gets a FCF valuation of 97 cents

Quick and ready but a fairly good of fair value ....but would still need to perform heaps better than in the past

The market will need a good story from Ware about where TTK is heading and give some idea f what his can deliver ......maybe the next shareholder presentation needs to titled "Great Expectations - Delivering for shareholders"

Unless a good story nothing to get punters excited and share price much over a buck
    Last edited by winner69; 27-01-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Let this be a lesson for Moosie...there's a dead kitty in every back garden...you don't need to love em, don't need to understand em...you just have to have a good nose.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Let this be a lesson for Moosie...there's a dead kitty in every back garden...you don't need to love em, don't need to understand em...you just have to have a good nose.
    85 to 100 some dead kitty bounce .....but maybe start of a uptrend

Hope you got plenty of those 85 cent ones Birman ....you be OK even if they cut divie for a year or so

Early days W69...early days.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    85 to 100 some dead kitty bounce .....but maybe start of a uptrend

Hope you got plenty of those 85 cent ones Birman ....you be OK even if they cut divie for a year or so
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    *Goes searching for the dead kitty in his own backyard. Heads towards the bush with mass fly's above it and picks up a nice, long stick...*

That's the trouble ...you look for the fly's and ignore your nose.....that's bass-ackwards..Your avatar (which I assume is your alter-ego) has its eyes closed and its nose open. Sad case of schizophrenic share traderitis. However kitty bouncing is a truly difficult skill to master ...mine bounce round all over the house at 5 in the morning so I do understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    *Goes searching for the dead kitty in his own backyard. Heads towards the bush with mass fly's above it and picks up a nice, long stick...*
    www.dividendyield.co.nz