sharetrader
Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    That's the trouble ...you look for the fly's and ignore your nose.....that's bass-ackwards..Your avatar (which I assume is your alter-ego) has its eyes closed and its nose open. Sad case of schizophrenic share traderitis. However kitty bouncing is a truly difficult skill to master ...mine bounce round all over the house at 5 in the morning so I do understand.
    I successfully traded WHS from $2.59 to $2.85 last week so wouldn't say my nose-based skills aren't too bad these days

I have a dog that yells at hedgehogs at 5am so I feel your pain too!

And that's not my alter-ego, that's actually me in a pose inspired by a famous musician of Genesis fame
    Last edited by BFG; 27-01-2015 at 07:01 PM.

I'd tend to agree it's a dead cat bounce but one thing I do note and wonder about is that revenue has increased rather significantly in the last couple of years - from a long plateau. and I don't know enough to know why this hasn't been able to be translated into profit... whether there's some underlying fundamental reason that will continue or not. I guess the EBITDA margins historically were pretty high, why was it 10% for '14 where as 25% for '11/'12?

Advanced Member

Tony two Groves - SPK used to own TTK so unlikely
    klid - they bought Farmside might explain increase in revenue?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    They also had that one off Telco levy of just over half a million.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Tim, his name is Tony Two Gloves, not Two Groves. "Two Groves" doesn't have the same Mafioso ring to it. "hey, boss, ave ya seen Two Groves, he's late with the payment". Nah, just doesn't work.

Nice one....now if you can get both nostrils working together...you'll be all set for your million
    Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I successfully traded WHS from $2.59 to $2.85 last week so wouldn't say my nose-based skills aren't too bad these days

I have a dog that yells at hedgehogs at 5am so I feel your pain too!

And that's not my alter-ego, that's actually me in a pose inspired by a famous musician of Genesis fame
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I don't know how I missed this before..unlike me to pass by a superb line feed...thanks TTG . Re your serious note...David Ware did make note of the fact their ass ets were in fact eminently appealing, having mentioned that they had been bitten there. This obviously came as a surprise to him....which is surprising in itself...since one might reasonably assume that an astute MD would keep an eye open for suspicious nosing around his nether regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    Haha Birman, make them an offer they can't understand might be more like it!

On a serious note are any of their Assets that are appealing to another party?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Tim, his name is Tony Two Gloves, not Two Groves. "Two Groves" doesn't have the same Mafioso ring to it. "hey, boss, ave ya seen Two Groves, he's late with the payment". Nah, just doesn't work.
    Yeah Tim, do that again and you will be swimming with the Moose's......

Like a comet passing the earth and generating high excitement...TTK has had its time in the spotlight and now is trying to regain its previous position of no liquidity and very little interest. The panic sellers have burnt off, the dead kitty trampoline experts have moved on to new pastures and all that left is a lacklustre imitation of a sought after listing......ho hum. Back to work. The only good to have come out of it is some arse kicking sound bites...which presumably will come back to haunt David Ware whenever he sets foot outside his front door.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Membaa

While the reasons why TTK collapsed are obvious, and not helped at present by the past cavalier style of the management, there are a lot of people hurting now as their reliable divis are cut and as the chart shows, their capital decimated, and enormous uncertainty has overtaken the share price.

The immediate danger is that this share is exposed to the day traders, who are experts at scalping a few % points here and there. Yesterdays 10% up move is an example, a nice daily win for whomever has the skills to take advantage. Today however, some confidence crept in, it said 'hey, I'll give back a cent' but that's all.

Some holders will see this as opportunity, they will have confidence in the longer term that TTK can turn around the one poor performing business, of their four businesses, and if they buy now, their yield leverage is greatly improved in the future. I suspect the majority of holders are passive investors who have participated on recommendation, and equally, they will be the ones caught out by the news and share price collapse, but they are also the ones who haven't sold and won't.

That consensus may conclude that TTK will get this right in time and the current circumstances present a yield accumulation or yield buy-in opportunity that may never be repeated.

I would post a chart, but it I don't think it helps to illustrate the agony vs opportunity. That's pretty obvious.