sharetrader
Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Whilst I agree with your overall view BB ...I don't believe there is enough liquidity or volume in this to entice serious traders...unless there is another surge in either direction. Doesn't look like it at moment but time will tell. Agony vs. opportunity sums it up well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    While the reasons why TTK collapsed are obvious, and not helped at present by the past cavalier style of the management, there are a lot of people hurting now as their reliable divis are cut and as the chart shows, their capital decimated, and enormous uncertainty has overtaken the share price.

The immediate danger is that this share is exposed to the day traders, who are experts at scalping a few % points here and there. Yesterdays 10% up move is an example, a nice daily win for whomever has the skills to take advantage. Today however, some confidence crept in, it said 'hey, I'll give back a cent' but that's all.

Some holders will see this as opportunity, they will have confidence in the longer term that TTK can turn around the one poor performing business, of their four businesses, and if they buy now, their yield leverage is greatly improved in the future. I suspect the majority of holders are passive investors who have participated on recommendation, and equally, they will be the ones caught out by the news and share price collapse, but they are also the ones who haven't sold and won't.

That consensus may conclude that TTK will get this right in time and the current circumstances present a yield accumulation or yield buy-in opportunity that may never be repeated.

I would post a chart, but it I don't think it helps to illustrate the agony vs opportunity. That's pretty obvious.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Average daily volume last 3 months about 25,000 shares ...and that includes the 500,000 plus on the bail out day

Agree Birman, not enough volume for traders really

And probably back to normal low volumes very soon.

Opportunity made in heaven for you last week eh ...never a better opportunity to get 100,000 plus without moving the market

W69 I tried my hardest but its a fine line between waiting for the lowest possible price and missing out..I erred on the side of greed so got fewer than I was looking for. Such is life but the next month or two may well throw up some opportunities. I'm waiting for them to come to me as opposed to me going to them...besides that would drive the price up. that would be silly if one wanted to accumulate right?
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Average daily volume last 3 months about 25,000 shares ...and that includes the 500,000 plus on the bail out day

Agree Birman, not enough volume for traders really

And probably back to normal low volumes very soon.

Opportunity made in heaven for you last week eh ...never a better opportunity to get 100,000 plus without moving the market
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    W69 I tried my hardest but its a fine line between waiting for the lowest possible price and missing out..I erred on the side of greed so got fewer than I was looking for. Such is life but the next month or two may well throw up some opportunities. I'm waiting for them to come to me as opposed to me going to them...besides that would drive the price up. that would be silly if one wanted to accumulate right?
    Real possibility they may come to you...... Teamtalk that is asking for more cash

You'd love a rights issue at 80 cents eh .....maybe other shareholders wouldn't

I bought a 1000 the other day for no other reason than being able without any qualms to start communicating with Mr Ware as a shareholder .....might even offer to help him with his thesis if he hasn't finished it
    Last edited by winner69; 29-01-2015 at 11:33 AM.

I believe he has been procr ass tinating re his thesis You can be sure this time he will be ready for the hard questions. I think he's a smart guy and he wont like being associated with a poor performance so look out because its "time to be dangerous".
    Real possibility they may come to you...... Teamtalk that is asking for more cash

I bought a 1000 the other day for no other reason than being able without any qualms to start communicating with Mr Ware as a shareholder .....might even offer to help him with his thesis if he hasn't finished it
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Banned

Why don't you congratulate the guy on his timing selling his shares and point out he could buy nearly twice as many at current prices - ask if he agrees they're a steal.

All in 'Ware-ese' - blokey language.

Question (inside)knowledge is power

Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Why don't you congratulate the guy on his timing selling his shares and point out he could buy nearly twice as many at current prices - ask if he agrees they're a steal.

All in 'Ware-ese' - blokey language.
    Hi Bunter.
    What did you think of Mark Reason's article in yesterday's Sunday Times.? No mention in it of TTK, but there's a connection to the main character, as I'm sure you are aware.

Banned

Didn't read it Lola, can't find it.

I agree with Reason completely

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    Looking like 80c will be the price most people be after 10% yield at the new suggested dividend rate.
    Jeez bung .....great call ....80 cents it is